inTank Media Baskets

FS: AIO Refugium for 20L and 5.5g, Mini Frag Rack, HOB Surface Skimmer Box

YankeePete

My reefing experience all started 3 yrs ago with my little 5.5 AIO that I built. I was so proud of that little tank and that fact that I was able to keep it alive after being hold a newbie can't start with a tank that small. I built it with the refuge wall along the back instead of a the end due to the limited display area of the tank. I run it will a MJ600 pump. Chaeto in the overflow side. Since building my 20L I have taken the 5.5 down, removed the sand and have set it back up as a frag tank for my 10yr old daughter! A hand full of people have asked about it so anyone looking for a nice little 5.5 AIO wall I can make copies of it for $20.00 shipped to an USA address. Here is the link to my 5.5 AIO build5.5g AIO buld thread. I can also do a "standard" end wall 5.5 AIO for the same cost.

55walls.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for not responding and purchasing YankeePete but I'm still undecided on if I want to go purchase a 20L to upgrade from 5.5 or wait til $1/gal and go out for a 40B... This makes it even more interesting since you might be making an AIO for them :D! Your products are beautiful! Will let you know by end of weekend if I end up purchasing a 20L.

wesley42079
I'll get out and take measurements on a 40B tomorrow. I am leaning towards a couple of shelves in the 1st chamber ie. overflow side for filter pad/floss, carbon, etc and heater, 2nd chamber sized for a Tunze 9002 skimmer or can be used for Chaeto and a 3rd chamber being for the return pump. There could be a 4th chamber so there could be a skimmer and Chaeto but it would make for a rather large unit. This would be a center on the back wall AIO, siliconed on. I could make it a fully enclosed magnet mount unit but it would add a lot to the cost.

What are the thoughts on this from the 40B guys?

Yankeepete, thanks for the response back.

Concerning the 4th chamber, it won't be needed. I have a Tunze 9002 and can place it directy into the main display tank. Since the housing is very small, I don't see any use in lacing it inside of your AIO build.

As for the magnet mount, how much do you think the total price will be? If it will be twice the cost without the magnet mount, then I vote no for the mount.

And since the housing will be on the back, will it be curved just like the one you built for the 5.5 gallon, or will it be a standard 90 degree corner?

What do you estimate the depth size to be? I know the 40 Breeder has a total dept of 18", but I wouldn't want to lose too uch of that real estate for the AIO.

One again, thanks for your beautiful AIO builds. Truly amazing craftsmanship.

Yankeepete, thanks for the response back.

Concerning the 4th chamber, it won't be needed. I have a Tunze 9002 and can place it directy into the main display tank. Since the housing is very small, I don't see any use in lacing it inside of your AIO build.

As for the magnet mount, how much do you think the total price will be? If it will be twice the cost without the magnet mount, then I vote no for the mount.

And since the housing will be on the back, will it be curved just like the one you built for the 5.5 gallon, or will it be a standard 90 degree corner?

What do you estimate the depth size to be? I know the 40 Breeder has a total dept of 18", but I wouldn't want to lose too uch of that real estate for the AIO.

One again, thanks for your beautiful AIO builds. Truly amazing craftsmanship.

have you thought about adding an fitting for the return?

that way you can drop the mj900/mj1200 on the bottom and have a tube connect to the fitting and out a nozzle?

have you thought about adding an fitting for the return?

that way you can drop the mj900/mj1200 on the bottom and have a tube connect to the fitting and out a nozzle?

Yes...the 40B sized AIO unit will be set up with a fitting for a nozzle vs. just a friction fit for the MJ pump. This will also allow users to select other pump options.

Tim

• Like 1
wesley42079
Yes...the 40B sized AIO unit will be set up with a fitting for a nozzle vs. just a friction fit for the MJ pump. This will also allow users to select other pump options.

Tim

Great, I cant wait to see a finished project, so i can place my order.

Wes

Have you thought of media baskets? I might be interested in a 5.5 aio if you could divise something with a media basket area along with a fuge.

TeflonTomDosh

What're the chances of you putting together an AIO unit for a 40 gal long that I may be picking up tomorrow? Tank, and stand for 50 bucks. Can't pass this up!

What're the chances of you putting together an AIO unit for a 40 gal long that I may be picking up tomorrow? Tank, and stand for 50 bucks. Can't pass this up!

Let get this 40B AIO unit designed up in SolidWorks and machined out first.....then I can move on to the next size!

• Like 1

I am working on a solution for a media basket for the 20L and 40B that does not require the reef keeper to have to trim the lip off the top tank rim.

My question to the 20L and 40B folks, would it be a turn off if you had to trim a small section i.e. 5 inches of the rim lip off for a drop in media basket?

• Like 1
I am working on a solution for a media basket for the 20L and 40B that does not require the reef keeper to have to trim the lip off the top tank rim.

My question to the 20L and 40B folks, would it be a turn off if you had to trim a small section i.e. 5 inches of the rim lip off for a drop in media basket?

Personally for me if I buy the AIO kit, I would like to be plug and play type of kit or maybe a little bit on put some silicone glue to attach the kit. I just don't to cut anything on my tank

Wouldn't bother me a bit as you include a cover for that section anyways. That lip is so thin it could be scored with a razor knife if somone didn't have a dremel.

Personally for me if I buy the AIO kit, I would like to be plug and play type of kit or maybe a little bit on put some silicone glue to attach the kit. I just don't to cut anything on my tank

Couldn't you make a little L shaped lip at the top of one side of the media basket we could seal w/ silicone?

Is he not doing frag racks anymore? Haven't gotten a pm back,...

Sorry I missed it last week. Yes I am still making them. I just sent you a message.

• Like 1

Could the Mini frag be used as a Probe Holder?

Or could you make one?

Maybe something like this would work.

if possible PM me a price, Thank You

post-32904-1335798755_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I worked on the 40B AIO some yesterday and finished this morning....

40B_Front.jpg

40B_Rear.jpg

It is 5"deepx16"widex15"9/16"high. A basic 3 chamber setup, the middle chamber is 5"x6.75" so plenty of room to grow Chaeto.

• Like 1

Archived