Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ID Please

coley54

Can someone help please? I've was sitting in my tank just looking today and noticed this guy on my heater. Thoughts?? I know its not the best picture but its the best I've got. Its moving around and I'm not sure if I should yank it out or not.

IMG_20120325_165358.jpg

Thanks. I'll wait for someone to confirm what you are thinking!

THat's an anemone. I'd get rid of it as it doesn't look friendly. Either a majano or Aiptasia

Just make sure you do it out of the tank. When they're stressed, they can release planula and they'll colonize your entire tank.

Aiptasia, I haven't heard about them spreading spores around when they're stressed, though there are plenty of sea creatures that do. I've taken care of mine with a shot of highly concentrated kalkwasser, but there are commercial treatments and such available as well. You could probably even get it off with an algae scraper and catch it in your hand or a net.

I unplugged my heater to cool down (florida is nice and hot and my heater doesn't run too much right now) and when I went to pull the heater out it actually fell right off the heater and floated around so I netted him out and tossed him. He is gone! YAY! I'll keep my eye out for more of them.

I unplugged my heater to cool down (florida is nice and hot and my heater doesn't run too much right now) and when I went to pull the heater out it actually fell right off the heater and floated around so I netted him out and tossed him. He is gone! YAY! I'll keep my eye out for more of them.

NOOOO!!!!! I would have adopted him just throw him in an envelope and send him to me XD i only live like an hour away from palm coast

Archived