SaltCritters.com

The Official PicO Aquariums owners thread

PicO Aquariums

First pictures of my new *white* PicO sII with Nanobox Mini Tide LED. I couldn't be happier with the build quality of the tank. Thanks Chris!!! I will post more pictures tomorrow once the water and aquascape are in.

photo 3.JPG

Tank looks amazing. The Nanobox/picO duo is a knockout. Makes my DIY led over my Ridge 5 look pitiful

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea the only difference is that the insert between the display and filtration compartment and the outer sheeting that covers the filtration compartment are white versus the standard black.

Chris special ordered the white materials for this tank and I couldn't be happier with the result. It will look even better once I finish cutting out the notch for the filtration area cover which is white as well. I just filled the tank with sand, live rock which has been curing for the last 3 weeks in a bucket, and water so I'll post another picture once it has cleared up!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm noodling on tank size. The 2014 PicO sounds like it will be 18x18x16. I'm kinda liking the more shallow look. Thinking maybe a 24"x18x12-14. 18" with 4 inches for the filter area would leave 14" for display.

Any opinions on Width & Height. Length has to be 22-24"

SouthFlorida_Tron

24" length is more standard in the hobby.

I would keep it at 3.5-3.75" sump. If you overuse sump space, it will leave display space to be desired later on.

I think I would do a 24 x 24 x 16 with 4" of it being sump. If you do less than 4 inch interior on the sump you might be limiting your options when it comes to a protein skimmer.

Just my two cents.

I think I would do a 24 x 24 x 16 with 4" of it being sump. If you do less than 4 inch interior on the sump you might be limiting your options when it comes to a protein skimmer.

Just my two cents.

Only if you intend on running one. I designed mine w/o a skimmer and I don't regret it for a second. Stick to water changes on such small tanks. Besides, I wanted the entire setup to look sweet and a cup full of junk in the rear of the tank just wasn't an option.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived