Innovative Marine Aquariums

Triple SOL 70 gal

laxx1991

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i picked this thing up last year and it has not grown at all in 12 months ..

whats the secret to making this thing grow more heads ?

post-65276-1332963054_thumb.jpg

Wow! Nice tank!!!! We require a lot more pics, please.

Yea I'm working on it haha. Some of my pictures don't come out so hot because the camera doesn't take good pictures with the bright lighting

Wow. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You bought a pos, took 8 months, and turned it into a sexy sps paradise. Any secrets?

basically water changes. but i completed changed the filtration. the guy was running canister filters and we all know those are a joke. . so i added a sump and this is where it has gotten me

Nice! Now you have to take some more pics.

yea im going to take some pictures tomorrow. Im hoping to not burn up any of my corals with these fixtures.

Start the lights out at like 40% and increase them 5% a week until you get to where you want them. That way your corals wont bleach. Any new coral? or did you empty the bank for those lights!

Start the lights out at like 40% and increase them 5% a week until you get to where you want them. That way your corals wont bleach. Any new coral? or did you empty the bank for those lights!

I just got some armor of god palys but ya the bank is pretty beat from the lights

Haha yea I bet. How are you liking them?

they are pretty cool. i like how you can change the amount of blue in the water . and of course the thunderstorm effects are bada$$

post-65276-1333481112_thumb.jpg

here is a pic of the sols. since this pic i have spread them apart a little more and i hung them higher so i dont burn up my sps

post-65276-1333481186_thumb.jpg

here is one of my favorite acros. this is one that doesnt have an ID

Nice set up! I like the blue contrast to its green skin. My Cali Tort is like that. Looking good!

Yea it's a cool peice . I wish I knew what its name is

Any updates?

Other than the palys . Not really . I'm still trying to figure out wether my corals are acclimated to the lighting . And I'm in the process of trying to get rid of my marine Betta

Other than the palys . Not really . I'm still trying to figure out wether my corals are acclimated to the lighting . And I'm in the process of trying to get rid of my marine Betta

If you aren't noticing any bleaching then I'm sure they are acclimated to them. If there's no bleaching or if things are "stretching" toward the light, then maybe rise the light intensity 5% more.

If you aren't noticing any bleaching then I'm sure they are acclimated to them. If there's no bleaching or if things are "stretching" toward the light, then maybe rise the light intensity 5% more.

should i do 5% on both the whites and the blues?

should i do 5% on both the whites and the blues?

Yea. I would add 5% to both every week or 2 until you have the intensity you are looking for.

Archived