Coral Vue Hydros

Triple SOL 70 gal

laxx1991

i bought the tank off of a guy that let it go for a long time

post-65276-1332184611_thumb.jpg

i used just about everything that came with the tank. Including rock, sand, fish, corals, etc. I figured since i was pretty good with my 29gal biocube, which ill probably make a thread for a little later. I'd take on the battle of turning this tank into a sps dominated reef. It took a little while to turn it around, but here it is

Front view

post-65276-1332187498_thumb.jpg

Side view

post-65276-1332187592_thumb.jpg

Tank

70 gal oceanic 36l x 18w x 24d

Matching oceanic stand

Lighting

36” current nova extreme pro 6 bulb t5GONE as of 3/31/2012

2 ati blue plus, 2 true actinic, 1 fiji purple, 1 10,000 white

3 AI SOLS

Flow

MP40wes

Koralia nano 240gph

Koralia 750

Equipment

3 jager 150watt heaters

two little fishes 150 reactor

jbj ato w/ 5 gal reservoir

ehiem 1262 return pump

cpr cs102 overflow

reef octopus nwb110 protein skimmer

2 dosing pumps from bulkreefsupply

DIY 20g long sump

Controller

Apex lite w/ ph probe

SPS Corals:

Nathans millepora

Green slimer

Strawberry slimer

Orange monti cap

Purple monti cap

Pink monti cap

Superman millepora

Super blue acropora

Pink birdnest

ORA Stylophora

ORA pocillopora

Original ORA blue tort

Original ORA Oregon tort

ORA pearlberry acropora

Icefire enchinata

Purple Garf bonsai

Purple montipora digitata

Green montipora digitata

Aqua delight

Miami Orchid acropora THANKS Criley7

Hoeksemai acropora NEW

Green echinata Unknown name

I have handful more that I don’t have names for but I will post pics to get ids

LPS corals:

Duncan

Candy cane

Blastos

Darwin Micromussa THANKS Longpig

Xmas favia

NPS corals:

Orange Dendro

Fish:

pink spot goby

yellow tang

oc. clown

comet (marine betta)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It took a minute to figure out all of the stuff i had in the tank. but thanks for checking it out!

Yea i bet, the starting is always the long part. Now keep them coming.

Yea i bet, the starting is always the long part. Now keep them coming.

now i feel like im forced to put up FTS pics every month to see the growth lol

im sure everyone will enjoy

Nice set-up man and good to meet you and your g/f tonight.

Same here . I'm gonna cut those yumas tomorrow or Wednesday . I'm gonna test out the dremel on the rock it's on. Thanks for the tip !

Same here . I'm gonna cut those yumas tomorrow or Wednesday . I'm gonna test out the dremel on the rock it's on. Thanks for the tip !

No problem. Let me know if you need a hand. Oh and wear eye protection and a face mask! I had a sore throat for hours from breathing powdered coral skeleton.

No problem. Let me know if you need a hand. Oh and wear eye protection and a face mask! I had a sore throat for hours from breathing powdered coral skeleton.

Yeah im gonna have to. I normally don't wear anything but I have hear people getting pretty sick from coral toxins and whatnot

Nano12greef

wow! never realized how much of a turn around that really was.... that tank was in terrible shape when you first got it...

Good work son!!.... looking at the second and third pic........ some of those corals do look familiar :)

wow! never realized how much of a turn around that really was.... that tank was in terrible shape when you first got it...

Good work son!!.... looking at the second and third pic........ some of those corals do look familiar :)

Yea the tank has come a long way . . And yes some of those corals should look familiar haha

Everything looks great! Do you have a shrimp to go with that goby? Also do you notice if your betta harms any of the corals? Also do you have an crabs like Emerald crabs or Boxer crabs or Porcelin crabs?

Everything looks great! Do you have a shrimp to go with that goby? Also do you notice if your betta harms any of the corals? Also do you have an crabs like Emerald crabs or Boxer crabs or Porcelin crabs?

The Betta is alright , he just hangs out. I never seen him touch any of the corals. I have an emerald crab that hangs out inside of my pink birdnest colony. I haven't tried a shrimp yet because the marine Betta would probably eat it for lunch .

I'm actually in the process of trying to get rid of him, so I can add shrimp and some smaller less aggressive fish .

Thanks for the comment !

Your tank looks amazing. How long did it take to get it turned around?

It took about 8 months to get rid of most of the random algae outbreaks . The only thing I deal with now is pests like majanos and aptasia, and I have alot of the mini feather duster colonies. But other than that it's pure growth. Thanks for checking it out joy13!

How are you getting rid of the pest nems?

I wipe out the majanos and aptasia with vinegar. I put it in a syringe and shoot it right into them . I do it one needle or so a week . I don't want the vinegar to hurt the tank . It's works great .

I wipe out the majanos and aptasia with vinegar. I put it in a syringe and shoot it right into them . I do it one needle or so a week . I don't want the vinegar to hurt the tank . It's works great .

Instead of vinegar try using boiling water. Your could do this to all of them at once. :D

Instead of vinegar try using boiling water. Your could do this to all of them at once. :D

I haven't tried that one . I'll give it a try tomorrow during my WC . Thanks Casey

Archived