Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Enigma's 10 Gallon Build

Enigma

Lookin' good, you have a lot of live rock in there, great. Your Kenya looks light, is that just the photo. I have a kenya I can't give away, I want it out of my tank. If you were not in the next province I would just give it to you. Anyway, I think the Kenya doesn't like a lot of light. Here's mine:

post-72999-1335501044_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Any updates on this tank? :huh:

:lol: Lots of changes! I'm not so good at updating, apparently.

Here is the latest photo:

IMG-20120527-00159.jpg

I've moved my clown from my 12G into this one, and there is a goby in here too: in addition to the three Chromis (who are hiding after I had my hands in the tank). It is pretty tight quarters, but very temporary. I had temperature issues in my 12G, and felt overstocking this tank for a few weeks was the lesser of the evils.

My Xenia and my toadstool look pretty unhappy in this photo. I may be skimming a bit too wet for them, as they haven't been overly happy since I installed the skimmer.

My daisy polyps had just been over turned by one of the Mexican Turbos, and the green mushroom had just been placed back on the rock after being knocked off the rock by the other Turbo. My blasto and acan are doing very well . . . which is great. I think I'm going to head in that direction with the 40B.

This system now has a SWC 120 Cone skimmer, an Arctica 1/5 hp chiller . . . and a Neptune Apex :)

The frag rack I've squeezed in is for a bunch of frags I've got coming from a group buy on the other forum.

I have all of the parts for the 40B that this is moving into. I just have to get it drilled. Someone else will be doing the drilling this time. :o It will be done by this weekend.

Shelley your on here too? I'm telling! Jk this is nano from canreef :)

Yup. I'm here too. :)

Oh . . . I forgot to add that the system also has two fluid reactors: one for carbon and one for RowaPhos.

Thanks for the update, this 10G has lots of hardware, can't remember but is there a sump? Thanks for the update, tank is lookin' good.

Yes, it has a sump: an Aqueon Proflex Model 3. There are around 15 gallons of water in the sump. My live rock is in the refugium in the sump, as well as some dry rock. There are 12-15 pounds of rock in the sump (I think). It is a 25 gallon system.

I wasn't planning on all of the hardware . . . but we're going on a week long vacation to Kelowna this summer. My "tank sitter" won't be able to manage much (he's a freshwater guy with a family, a job, four dogs, two snakes, eight lizards, and a tank of his own :lol:), so I have to have as much automated as possible to ensure that parameters are as stable as they can be. His duties will basically involve feeding one fish (twice) and ensuring that everything looks okay. With the Apex I'll now be able to monitor things online, and send him over to the house in the event something crazy happens.

All of this stuff will be on the 40B system by the time we leave, however. Doubling the volume of the system should help, too.

Oh, this tank has an Eheim auto feeder as well. The top off system is presently pretty lame: a container (one of those 4 gallon Beverage Buddies from Canadian Tire) with 1/4" line and a ballvalve to control the flow. That needs improved before we go, too. It is hard to get the drip slow enough.

Archived