ReefCleaners.org

* Singlefin - Mahalo! WOW so impressed *

inTank

I have to tell you all about a repeat customer that came through our website again late December. He happens to be a member here, Singlefin who lives in Hawaii.

Singlefin ordered 7 items one including a Tunze 9002 skimmer. His order level was over the free shipping mark and we still honor that even to Hawaii. Items were packed very well and shipped on the way with USPS. A few days later we get an email with a few pictures of the box.

Well looks like USPS was hungry along the way and ATE my pretty packaging.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

The 9002 came in with a cracked pump and a small part on the lid missing. We send out a replacement no questions asked so the customer will not be out their paid purchase.

Had a little fun with the replacement box

IMG_3630.jpg

Replacement arrived safe and sound and we move on in life.

Well this morning a box comes in from Hawaii which doesn't happen like ever.

Open it up and I am just awestruck with the kindness that was inside.

Singlefin had sent me two T-Shirts from the Hawaii Fire Department and a box of Hawaiian Macadamia Nuts covered in chocolate!

I can't even begin to tell you how much that means. Just when life gets busy and every order may starts to look like the last one you are reminded that most the customers in this industry are human and genuine. It really put a personal touch on that sale and reminds you to treat every order with personal pride as if it was going in your aquarium.

Mahalo my friend, I will wear these shirts with pride :)

-Steve

inTank

USPS managed to fold (read "break in half") a rare vinyl record that ordered from UK and shoved it in my mailbox like nothing happened. The whole package was covered in "FRAGILE", "VINYL RECORD, DO NOT BEND" stickers. After I went to the post office and #####ed them out, I got a letter from them telling me its nobody else's fault but mine for not buying insurance. Not a single apology word.

Islandoftiki

Hawaiians are always keeping it classy like that. We went to Hawaii last year and were blown away with how friendly the people were.

Also, my fiance was on a different tip to Hawaii and commented on how much she liked this guy's hat. He took it off and gave it to her and insisted she keep it.

hey, this is the same person that spent hours with me over text messages to help me fix my protein skimmer! and it now works thanks to his persistence in helping me for no reason other than to help me out. what a great guy! Thanks singlefin!!

Pics of you in the shirts - or it didn't happen

LOL :D

That's a pretty cool story. My hubby is from Hawaii and the generosity of the people there should be a lesson to us all. From everything I've heard about you StevieT, your customer service is awesome so it's cool that this happened :)

Archived