Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yasha Goby= Stealth Ninja?

JDK

I purchased a Yasha Goby about 6 weeks ago give or take.

I acclimated and put in the tank. He darted into the rocks. Have not seen him since. Gone into the rocks and has never emerged. I look every day for him/her and have never seen it since it was in the bag temp acclimating?

Does anyone have this fish and see it on a regular basis?

Reefmaster1996

I acclimated and put in the tank. He darted into the rocks. Have not seen him since. Gone into the rocks and has never emerged. I look every day for him/her and have never seen it since it was in the bag temp acclimating?

I don't have this fish, but how big is the tank, do you have a top it might have jumped out at one point with out you noticing.I do have a yellow watchman and the first couple days it was hard tracking where he set up his cave in my 20L but once he was established he will explore around the tank but he always

Goes back to his cave.

animalmaster6

My Hi Fin Red Banded Shrimp Goby disappeared for months. Then all the sudden I just saw him poke his head out and he was out everyday :lol: I wouldn't worry too much

I do have a yasha, but in my 24x10x8 so small area to search. I know one thing that helps is placing them in the tank before any other fish. This gives them time to find a space that they feel safe in. once it finds a good place to call home you will see it hovering above its den multiple times per day.

Also if your tank is in a high traffic area it could be darting back into its den as people walk by and therefore you miss it.

I've had Charlie since October 2011, considering I take pictures of my tank nearly every day or at least 3 times a week, I only have 2 pictures of Charlie. Having said that 2 weeks ago I got him a pistol shrimp, his shrimp dug a tunnel from the cave where Charlie used to hide to outside the cave. Now I see him everyday.

Once you find the Yasha, get him a pistol shrimp and release the shrimp as close to the Yashas hiding spot as you possible manage.

I have a yasha I acclimated and thought it died. Never seen it till one day it popped out to eat. Mine hides in the back and comes out to eat. But don't let it see you or it hides for another 3 days.

+1 mine and his pistol are plotting taking over the worked from the depths of my rock pile... I only know they are still there due to new sand piles once in a while. :(. Really sucks not seeing them!

Man, Yashas aren't cheap. I'd hate to spend that kind of money on a fish I never see. I'm so glad I saw this post because I thought about putting one into my next tank. I decided to get a Yellow Clown Goby over the Yasha for my current tank due to the cost. Sounds like I made the right decision. The YCG is always out front and center and is very funny to watch. I wish you luck coaxing him out.

I had a yashia in a 75 gallon tank put it in and it literally dissapeared for 7 months!

One day he showed his face but rare and far between a real waste of money in my opinion!

Good luck I ope yours has some social skills.

I see mine every day, she even lets me get some awesome pics. I got her with a candy cane pistol shrimp and they were coming out from the start.

They have to feel safe and secure, guess mine does! ;)

Be patient and I bet it comes out in a few days.

Man, Yashas aren't cheap.

30$ wasnt too bad. But yeah it sucks. He definately didnt jump the tank I have checked all around it for weeks. Maybe a pistol shrimp will make him comfortable and coax him out?

I had a yashia in a 75 gallon tank put it in and it literally dissapeared for 7 months!

After researching a little it appears a yahsa goby hiding forever is not uncommon. Past cpl days I have read tons of threads about people who have seen it once in a year. Other people thought it was dead months or years ago and then they upgrade tanks and there is the Yasha when they start pulling rocks. Its been almost two months I have given up if it comes out great but what are you gonna do. Not gonna rip my tank apart looking for a fish. Its like the yasha is not even there.

I see my yasha daily. I have had the fish for a couple years now.

Your lucky.... Maybe one day he will appear.

Wow 2 months! You haven't see it out eating when you feed the other fish?

I waited 4 weeks after I couldn't find the first one, then I added Kreme and Krispy (shrimp) to the tank. I have not see the the first one at all I am 100% sure it died on me as I never saw it eating and got a diatom bloom.

Don't buy a shrimp unless your sure you can find it, they (Yashas) take their food from the water column and you should have see it feeding if it is alive.

Archived