Followers 0
rtague

low ph

So my biocube 29 is cycled, params,

ca 490(a little high)

mag 1380

alk 9

ph 7.7

How can I raise ph without raising alk?I'm using esv salt (for the last time :angry: )any batch I mixed came out of whack,low readings,I tried to adjust and these are the params I have now,but how to raise ph?,thanks.

If you got 9 dKH then your PH should be stable...7.7?? Did you check water parameter at night during the light was off?

If you got 9 dKH then your PH should be stable...7.7?? Did you check water parameter at night during the light was off?

Thanks Tenor,what do you mean by ''PH should be stable'' at 8.2?,have been checking constantly ,lights on ,lights off,thanks.

Could be a lack of fresh airflow.

I wouldn't recommend trying to add anything to the tank to increase pH. It normally doesn't work or end well. Are you actually suffering any tank symptoms of low pH?

Could be a lack of fresh airflow.

I wouldn't recommend trying to add anything to the tank to increase pH. It normally doesn't work or end well. Are you actually suffering any tank symptoms of low pH?

No,no live stock yet,someone suggested adding an air stone to the back chamber to increase air flow,opinions?

No,no live stock yet,someone suggested adding an air stone to the back chamber to increase air flow,opinions?

Did you run heater? Temp? Thanks

Is your tank still cycling?

Did you run heater? Temp? Thanks

Yes,am running heater, temp did hit mid 80's for a couple of days,would this cause ph drop?

Is your tank still cycling?

No ,tank has been cycled a couple of weeks.

What's the lighting schedule? It's a tad low, but stability is more important thAn perfect numbers. Mine is 7.9 and no problems.

Try to measure PH at 78 degree during a day time to see if you get PH low again. Temp could cause the PH drop too.

Try to measure PH at 78 degree during a day time to see if you get PH low again. Temp could cause the PH drop too.

Thanks all,will do.

Thanks all,will do.

Added airstone to back chamber on suggestion from another hobbiest to increase oxygen and watched ph creep up to 8.1 over 12 hours :)