Pod Your Reef

My New Pico Reef

JUST.REEF

Hi there guys,

This is my first pico setup, All you guys out there have inspired me and proved to me that no tank is too small to keep marines in...

So here it is...

post-71490-1331990858_thumb.jpg

post-71490-1331991030_thumb.jpg

post-71490-1331990885_thumb.jpg

post-71490-1331991104_thumb.jpg

post-71490-1331991210_thumb.jpg

And Another...post-71490-1331991376_thumb.jpg

Nice! What type of fish is that? I like it....

It is Neoglyphidodon nigroris juvenile and it will change color when it gets older.

Yea...

It will get too big I had it in there to cycle the tank and it's sort of damsel. Im actually taking it to the LFS for a trade in as it will be too agressive toward other tank mates ill trade him in for a goby or another coral.

I cannot wait to stock it completely. The fixture is the best thing i have ever inveseted in $15 from IKEA $7 for the Acrylic and $30 for remote controlled 1X5Watt led globes

and a bonus of the fixture is that it hides my filter and all the cables :)

any suggestions on corals, fish or inverts to get for it and ow many i could keep in there?

currently doing water changes 20% twice a week

philaquatics
I cannot wait to stock it completely. The fixture is the best thing i have ever inveseted in $15 from IKEA $7 for the Acrylic and $30 for remote controlled 1X5Watt led globes

whoa! that looks awesome what were those LED globes? where do you get those? it looks like they have blue and white in them is that true? :mellow:

whoa! that looks awesome what were those LED globes? where do you get those? it looks like they have blue and white in them is that true? :mellow:

Philaquatics- Yes this is true they are from here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220891494581?ss...984.m1497.l2648

the best investment i have made so far they come with a remote to adjust brightness 16 different colours and on/off button. For $10EA. can't complain lol.

Any advice you could give for a newby to picos like me?

• 2 weeks later...
philaquatics

It looks great! I wish mine looked like that after 2 months. I've had mine set up since Jan. but i haven't been updating because i've hit a few road bumps mainly in the cash department. I'll get there though. Hope it will look as good as yours soon enough

Yea the brain is awesome for $20. I have a couple of pictures i am going to put up i have put a couple of red mushrooms from my 16G into it now. I also got the yellow frogspawn for only $25 as well.

I put my Tiny Green Mandarin in my Pico as he had whitespot/ich in my 16G so I thought I would remove him before it got any worse. It's going to be a pain getting him out although he does like at home in here. Do you guys suggest I put him back in my 16G or keep him in my pico?

Phil- Sorry to here the main thing is that you haven't had any crashes in your tank :)

philaquatics
Phil- Sorry to here the main thing is that you haven't had any crashes in your tank :)

Really quick question about the lights again. How do they mount in the fixture because they don't like regular screw bulbs? Not the best electrician so I need all the basic answer's as possible

They are just GU10 globes which are off ebay they are 1x5W LED each i am waiting for another one to come as i only have two on it atm and its not bright enough. ill post some pics give me 5 min

Can anyone identify the pink softy which i have?

My softy and Mandarin...

Can someone please help me identify the softy?

Archived