Kazooie's Contest Tank

Kazooie

Hey look it's tomarrow. :)

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

Best FTS so far

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

Need to find a place for the Sunny D's. There are almost 20 polyps on that tile. :)

Anyways, I'm thinking of putting the nem a little bit under the kenya tree, in a little alcove. Hopefully it'll stay there! :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOOKS LIKE ####

no seriously looks great :)

im really diggin the gsp and nuke greens in the fts

I dont see the sunny ds though--where are those guys in the tank?

Thanks and thanks. :)

Ok, go to first picture. See the green zoas on the front right? The sunny d's are about 4 inches behind them. The curved acrylic is hiding them in the picture.

Aww c'mon, you ask for picture and then you never say the customary compliments. <_<

Tank is looking really nice. It is cool how the Kenya Tree is the focal point.

Tank is looking really nice. It is cool how the Kenya Tree is the focal point.

Thanks! It's funny, I promised myself that I would never keep it when I shut down the 125. :lol:

Did the majano survive it's trip?

Yep, and he's so pretty! Got it in the tank about 5 minuets ago, and already attached to the rock. :) Thanks!

I'll get a picture tomarrow when it's a little happier, a little shriveled right now. :)

Tank looks great...love it!

Thanks Newlinta! I love your tank also! :)

Just got fed a flake and the lights just turned on so he is a little deflated right now. :)

IMG_2063.jpg

Some Captain America zoas that I need to color back up. :) Can't remember, is it browned out if they have to much light or not enough? :)

IMG_2067.jpg

Islandoftiki

The majano looks great. Really nice under your lighting. You can feed it anything meaty, like mysis, chopped scalops, shrimp or clams... It'll grow pretty quick to the size of a quarter or so if you feed it every couple days. It's fun to feed them. They can eat a chunk of meat that's about 1/4 their size.

One really nice thing about them for small tanks is that they absorb ammonia and nitrates. This is why they go crazy in really dirty FOWLR tanks. They're kind of ideal for a pico. Same with xenia, it also absorbs nitrates... another good choice for a pico.

The majano looks great. Really nice under your lighting. You can feed it anything meaty, like mysis, chopped scalops, shrimp or clams... It'll grow pretty quick to the size of a quarter or so if you feed it every couple days. It's fun to feed them. They can eat a chunk of meat that's about 1/4 their size.

One really nice thing about them for small tanks is that they absorb ammonia and nitrates. This is why they go crazy in really dirty FOWLR tanks. They're kind of ideal for a pico. Same with xenia, it also absorbs nitrates... another good choice for a pico.

Thanks, I can't wait until it get's as big as yours. :wub:

That's really neat, maybe one day I'll never have to do water changes. :ninja: Just kidding, they are super easy in this tank, compared to my 125 last year.

In other news, I found my beloved tomini tang dried up on the carpet. Not in this tank, because I don't have threads for all my tanks. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What eBay lights are those? When I click the link it just takes me to the main page.

Nice tank by the way.

What eBay lights are those? When I click the link it just takes me to the main page.

Nice tank by the way.

THESE but in the Screw-in type base. Thanks!

I haven't seen this before, nice tank Kazooie!

Thanks! :)

Anyways, I feel bad about not getting that picature up that I promised, so here's a semi-recent one:

IMG_2517.jpg

And I will differently either get a better one up either tomarrow or Monday. Need to do a water change tomarrow.

Builder Anthony

thats cool you got one of the green manjos i been keeping my eye on them as well.Hopefully somewhere down the road i can pick one up.

Yeah, they are pretty sweet. As soon as it starts budding and I have a couple, send me a pm and I can probably hook you up. ;)

IMG_2770.jpg

devilsadvocate
Unfortunately the LED's just aren't strong enough for any SPS/LPS. :(

bummer, perhaps you should look into the lighting i have on my pico.

Archived