inTank Media Baskets

Kazooie's Contest Tank

Kazooie

...Thanks?

I did a tiny re-arranging with the sps/blasto today during water change. I'll get a picture up tomarrow or the next day.

Also, if I can find room, I'll be adding one of the pretty majano's from Islandtiki's beautiful pest tank. Otherwise it'll be going into the 20L. :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Thanks?

I did a tiny re-arranging with the sps/blasto today during water change. I'll get a picture up tomarrow or the next day.

Also, if I can find room, I'll be adding one of the pretty majano's from Islandtiki's beautiful pest tank. Otherwise it'll be going into the 20L. :D

Better hurry, not much time left to add stuff to the tank.

Better hurry, not much time left to add stuff to the tank.

Oooh, you're right! Anyways, hopefully it'll be here before the 31st. But if not, oh well. :lol:

Islandoftiki

Your majano is on it's way! Here's a picture of it in the holding tank last night. It's a little closed up, but once you get it into your tank, it'll open up and look awesome!

21015C09.jpg

is it one of those pink and green ones?

those guys are awesome--they dont sting any of my corals and (sadly) they have only split once in the 6 months or whatever since Ive had them

I even spot feed them!!

here's one of mine

6450696815_e0c1bcfeb2_z.jpg

majanos certainly get a bad rap and IME this variety is completely reef-compatible

Islandoftiki
majanos certainly get a bad rap and IME this variety is completely reef-compatible

Yep, so far mine haven't stung anything... They're compatible with palys and zoas for sure.

And that's exactly what it'll look like when it's happy and well-fed.

You know, if you want it to split, I bet you could just cut it in half with a razor.

I have seen a tank COMPLETELY infested with a kind of majano that was browner and larger--it looked kind of like a mushroom

so I think majanos can be pretty variable but these pink and green guys are awesome IMO--they are one of my favorite things in my tank

You know, if you want it to split, I bet you could just cut it in half with a razor.

yea, the problem is is that I cant get them off of the rock theyre on... they just deflate into nothingness and shrink up into little holes when I try to gettem off

howd you remove yours?

Good, I was worried that these would sting. This tank is pretty packed so I'm glad I can put it next to some zoas. :)

Islandoftiki
yea, the problem is is that I cant get them off of the rock theyre on... they just deflate into nothingness and shrink up into little holes when I try to gettem off

howd you remove yours?

Well, if they're in a location that you can do this, here's a trick. They'll move if they're not happy with their situation...

Place a piece of shell on top of the majano and leave it covered for a couple days. Often times, they'll climb onto top of the shell. I haven't done this, but have read about it being done successfully. They can be quite mobile. When I first put the majanos in my tank, one of them did nearly a full tour of the 2 gallon tank before it settled down.

hmmm great idea! ill have to try it

sorry for the hijack 'zooie

but enjoy the nems, theyre cool little critters!

Kazooie - Awesome Tank!

Also, I want this (I know it isn't in your tank...yet :o ):

is it one of those pink and green ones?

those guys are awesome--they dont sting any of my corals and (sadly) they have only split once in the 6 months or whatever since Ive had them

I even spot feed them!!

here's one of mine

6450696815_e0c1bcfeb2_z.jpg

Islandoftiki

See for yourself, they are fine next to my zoas... even touching.

Kazooie at 2:07, that's your majano to the left of the pulsing xenia.
Builder Anthony

That is a awesome manjo.Did you get that off someone here i remember someone giving a real nice one away.

I did, some dude who was new to reefing wanted to get rid of three he found in his tank at all costs and gavem to me for free :)

I told him if he ever wanted them back just to let me know

I was planning on sharing them with other people but they dont proliferate nearly as fast as I thought :(

Islandoftiki
I was planning on sharing them with other people but they dont proliferate nearly as fast as I thought :(

They're probably not reproducing because they're too happy with their environment. You need to stress them a little. And feed them a ton. They're real pigs. You'd be amazed how much they'll eat. JamieScheffield fed one of his brown majanos until it looked like it was going to pop... apparently it's splitting now.

I found this little bit of info: Propagating Anemonia anemones is fairly easy, just cut a piece off and it will grow. Anemones in general can multiply by sexual and asexual means. Anemonia will multiply asexually by fission, which is where a tiny bit of tissue detached from the foot quickly develops into a new and complete anemone. Anemonia anemones will tolerate their own "clones", and these anemones are very prolific. http://animal-world.com/Aquarium-Coral-Reefs/Manjano-Anemone

Builder Anthony

ya i had a maxi mini split 3 times so theres 4 now.i feed that thing every day.but it took like a few months of feedings.Now i dont know whats going to happen.

Islandoftiki
Kazoo, any pics of the nemnem? I like green and pink things. :D

It's in the mail right now. He should have it just in time for the deadline!

omgomgomg

Also, FYI I'll have a FTS up tomarrow probably. :)

It is always Tomorrow, why can't we have it today?????

Archived