ReefCleaners.org

GROSSEST THING IVE SEEN IN MY TANK .. ID

randythefishdude

randythefishdude
:blink: SO I SAW THE GROSSEST THING EVER AS I WAS CLEANING OUT MY FILTER ... 5 INCH LONG BROWN SLUG WORM THING ....I CAN HANDLE BRITLES AND FIRE WORMS BUT THIS WAS JUST GROSS LOOKING ...SORRY FOR NO PIC LOL IT DUG ITSELF INTO THE BIO CUBE PRE FILTER THING AND I SAW IT HANGEN OUT ...THAT THING TOOK A TRIP IN THE TRASH ... ID ANYONE.. SHOULD I BE WORRIED... RESENBLED A SLUG OR GROSS EARTH WORM
randythefishdude
Wait, you threw it away? Take it out and take a pic!

WHAT U WANT ME TO DO WITH THAT SUCKER .....WELL ITS A LITTLE LATE NOW ITS COVERD WITH DINER AND LUNCH.... BY THE WAY IT WAS OZZING WHITE SLIME

Google "peanut worm" and see if that matches up.

Oh, and never throw any thing away with out an ID. You have no idea how many beneficial reef critters get chucked because they look strange. If it was a peanut worm, that's something I'd go out of my way to add to my tank.

randythefishdude
:unsure: probably a stomatella snail.

nope i had those guys in anther tank it was a bad out break at least 50 in a 5 gallon the good part was i had no alge and i never got ant more after they ate it all....

but this guy was 6 times as big and fat

Brandon, I think I have a eunice worm, it sort of looks like those spines a yellow cucumber has (except this one is clear/beige) attached to a tube. It is extremely tiny, smaller than those HH rock feather dusters. Should I leave it be or nuke it?

Truly metro I would be amazed if you could catch it! I never could catch mine so it outgrew my tank in a few years but was still in there, your tank won't gain benefit from him but really I think he's too squirrelly

randythefishdude
I've nuked one before Brandon, you underestimate my heels. Here's an old pic of the devil I killed:

IMG_20110814_194121.jpg

I DIDENT REALLY SEE ANY TENTICALS ON HIM LOOKED AROUND THE SOME SIZE .....I LOOKED UP PENUT WORM AND I SAW MOST ARE SMALL

Ha! You are right even being able to photograph one is half the battle

Wouldn't it be amazing if they were super sensitive to peroxide like fire worms, who knows...

That's the beast suspected however. One of my reef videos shows a ten inch Eunice (in a gallon vase lol) I think his waste production played a role in me losing my first pico reef, hate em.

randythefishdude
Ha! You are right even being able to photograph one is half the battle

Wouldn't it be amazing if they were super sensitive to peroxide like fire worms, who knows...

That's the beast suspected however. One of my reef videos shows a ten inch Eunice (in a gallon vase lol) I think his waste production played a role in me losing my first pico reef, hate em.

:o :o :o WELL AT LEAST ITS NOT A NASTIE BOBBIT WORM LOOK THOSES EVIL GUYS UP.... THEY SPLIT FISH IN HALF

WHY IS THROWN THIS GUY AWAY SOO BAD ... IF U SAW IT I BET U WOULD

if I was dropped on the head as a child and never learned about sea cucmubers, I might.

randythefishdude
if I was dropped on the head as a child and never learned about sea cucmubers, I might.

WHY U HATEN I POSTED ON HEAR FOR HELP NOT SO U COULD MAKE FUN OF ME ....AND U CALL URSELF A NANO REEFER -_- ...IT WASENT A SEA CUCUMBER

I threw out my sea cucumber after waiting so long for a reply here, and 5 minutes after I threw him out, kat answered me and said I could keep it. Noob mistake.

Kat, your heels may be quick enough to get that Eunice, but weren't quick enough to save my sea cuke. ;P

Wait, you threw it away? Take it out and take a pic!

+1 YO WHY DIDN'T YOU PHOTOGRAPH IT!

WHY ARE YOUR CAPS ALWAYS ON?

animalmaster6

Are you sure it's not a sea cucumber? Next time definitely take a pic before throwing it :)

Even better, don't throw it out. Get a clear tub, container, etc. and wait to see if it is beneficial or not. Also maybe somebody would be interested in it. You never know!

Archived