waveink

LED's for 12gal Fluval Edge

I want to swap out the standard LED's that come with the Edge and fit the Cree 3ups. I had planned to use 4 with the DIM4 but now I'm reading about fuller spectrum lighting - violets, turquoise and reds. Will I sacrifice some of the corals etc that I can include in the tank if I only use the 3ups? Also I am guessing that if I put one 3up per channel then the DIM4 will dimm them all at once, meaning I can't get a colour change/moonlight look?

Any help you can offer would be great.

pete

I want to swap out the standard LED's that come with the Edge and fit the Cree 3ups. I had planned to use 4 with the DIM4 but now I'm reading about fuller spectrum lighting - violets, turquoise and reds. Will I sacrifice some of the corals etc that I can include in the tank if I only use the 3ups? Also I am guessing that if I put one 3up per channel then the DIM4 will dimm them all at once, meaning I can't get a colour change/moonlight look?

Any help you can offer would be great.

pete

You can actually use 3 3UPs and put all the blues on CH1 and CH2 and all the Neutrals on CH3. Then you can put Turquoise and 1 Red on Channel4

You can actually use 3 3UPs and put all the blues on CH1 and CH2 and all the Neutrals on CH3. Then you can put Turquoise and 1 Red on Channel4

Thanks Milad,

that sounds great - so how would you recommend setting up the on/off cycles with that selection of lights?

pete

Thanks Milad,

that sounds great - so how would you recommend setting up the on/off cycles with that selection of lights?

pete

Its all user preference. I hear alot of people bring the royals on first and once they are half way they start bringing the whites online. The turquoise/red should be brought on with the whites.

Its all user preference. I hear alot of people bring the royals on first and once they are half way they start bringing the whites online. The turquoise/red should be brought on with the whites.

Thanks,

just ordered the LEDs and controller. I'll contact you if I have any problems once they make their way here to Australia.

pete