Coral Vue Hydros

25g rimless cube build

iamjoefox

I haven't had a tank in over a year and couldn't shake the itch anymore.

I wanted to do something smaller this time incase I need to move again. I love the look of rimless cubes and decided on a Mr. Aqua 25g.

Planned equipment list:

25g Mr aqua cube

gl*******s nano over flow and return

Homemade stand, 28 1/2"x18"x38"

20g high sump, homemade baffles

sc-65 skimmer

mp10

ai nano and controller

brs dual reactor

still deciding on an ato, thinking about trying the elos.

I have mostly everything ordered, still need an mp10 and the ato.

So far i have the stand framed and partially skinned and the sump built.

Can't wait for my many boxes to start arriving

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

Yesterday I buttoned up the stand except for the door, mis calculation on 1x3 oak oops. I got it all stained and cleared. not my best work but came out descent considering i did everything with a side drive.

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

and today i paced until the ups man finally showed up around 2

and he brought me some goodies

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

I worked on some of the plumbing but I am still waiting on my mp10, brs reactors and skimmer. They should all be here within the next few days. got the overflow and return all drilled, piece of cake. I don't know why i was ever worried about drilling tanks before. Sprayed the back with some fusion flat black. Got the rodi fired up and started filling.

IMG_0573.jpg

the rock is a work in progress, its some dead rock i've had left over from previous tanks. I'm going to seed it with some rock from my lfs

yeah i guess those packing peanuts really work. Looked the dribbled it like soccer ball for a while before i got it, all was well though!

hah yea i know asting gotta pinch pennies where i can. But $80 for a cone skimmer thats been getting descent reviews how could i go wrong?

If i dont like it back on fleabay it goes and i'll order something more serious.

• 2 weeks later...

The skimmer is working surprisingly well for an $80 skimmer. It took about two days to break in but now its pulling some descent dark skimmate for just cycling the tank.

thanks criley

i took some new pics too

GOPR0030.jpg

GOPR0031.jpg

GOPR0029.jpg

GOPR0028.jpg

GOPR0026.jpg

GOPR0027.jpg

Thanks!

oh two more pics. I got my ato up and running yesterday and am putting the finishing touches on the door. I'm going to use magnets to hold it in place

IMG_0594.jpg

it's just propped up where it will be mounted

IMG_0593.jpg

ato container on the right

Archived