inTank Media Baskets

2 diff kind of Pistol Shrimp in 28g nano ?

uzi

hey guys .. i just bought a pair Yasha Goby/ Randall Pistol Shrimp (1" ) ("i really love this pair")... the point here is i already have the Tiger Pistol Shrimp (2" ) in my tank awhile ago ... so the tiger bigger tank the Randall 1" ... is it gonna be fine to have 2 diff kind of Pistol Shrimps in my 28g nano ? .. will the tiger kill the randall ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hrm. I have a tiger pistol with a Grey spotted watchman (yellow watchman with wierd colors) and recently broke down my 2 year old 14G to move my mantis into my main 40 and found my candy cane alive and kicking. Thought he was dead for over a year. Put him in and he moved to the other rock outcrop and both are alive. Never see the candy cane though without his goby that died over a year ago.

Unless you have lots of rock room, you are pushing it. Some species will seem to live damn near right on top of each other and be fine, others seem to destroy any other species, as well as their own when territory is at risk

ty for the info dude .. btw i already put em in the tank .. they kinda shy and just chilling around their cave ... but i have to working on those goby that pair with em ... they fight alot lol

The pistols or the gobies are fighting? I would NOT put 2 different gobies in there, same species or different. Multiple pistols as long as there is enogh space for them to all have holes though seems to work fine, or mostly fine.

Inverts can't seem to take much in the way of changes or punishment. With some exceptions of course. Overall they are more sensitive though.

Archived