Pod Your Reef

Aiptasia hitchhiker on Candy Cane

FrenchieNano

FrenchieNano

I've identified two tiny Aiptasias hitchhiking on the skeleton of my new Candy Cane.

I've read the methods of getting rid of it including:

• Peppermint shrimp
  • Chemical stuff

Whilst it says DO NOT scrape it off, I just wanted to ask if I take the frag out of the tank and scrape it off an rinse under saltwater (freshwater will kill the coral?) could that wash it off?

C.I._Reefer

+1 in my tank if they are small and removable they get blasted with a small torch for a few seconds, and if they are large they get a lemon juice injection

I have a similar problem, but as soon as I take out the zoas out of the water, I cant even see aiptasia, it is floating and is clearly visible while in water, but when outside I can't even see it.

Is there any way to kill it while under water?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a similar problem, but as soon as I take out the zoas out of the water, I cant even see aiptasia, it is floating and is clearly visible while in water, but when outside I can't even see it.

Is there any way to kill it while under water?

Needle and syringe and lemon juice, or you get the Apitasia X and cover his little head in it. It will melt him away! ;)

I've got a rather large one in my tank...I bought the Lr he came on...he has grown a lot...Hes my favorite anemone. most people hate em...I'm one of the weirdo's that don't! lol

Archived