Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ballz' 3 Gallon

iball1804

jedimasterben
Dont worry about starfire for that thickness, it's not worth the money. As you say, you won't notice the green.

It won't cost much more for them to silicone it together for you. If you just tell them the outside or inside dimensions of the tank they will work out the rest. I have no idea about inches so those measurements dont make sense so I can't help.

I just got in two Mr. Aqua rimless tanks ith regular iron glass, it is 3/16" thick and I can't see any green with the tank empty. I'm sure if I had a starphire one next to it I could tell a slight difference, but. It makes no diffference to me, it is the clearest tank I've ever seen in person!

And not all glass shops will silicone it together for you, either. As soon as "aquarium" is mentioned at one near me, the conversation ends, no matter if you were asking for a replacement panel or a cover!

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, you talk to me like I know nothing :lol:

Yes I know they don't make the tank for me. Thanks funk for the thickness suggestion. Ben, for your experience.

I should get an estimate today. If everything shakes out, I might have a tank this weekend.

joeyhatch11

When I went to Lowes, the tank was based off a single piece of glass they already had, which was 12x10. At that point I had the guys there just cut the sides for me. Between the glass, 100% silicon, painters tape and Loc-tite glass glue, I spent $26. After building the tank and letting it cure, I flipped it over and did all the outside seems with the Loc-tite glass clue just for safe measures.

Normally I'd go to Lowe's, but their glass thickness isn't thick enough -_-

Same for home depot...And they call themselves a home improvement store! How am I supposed to improve my home without a wicked hand-built aquarium? ;)

:lol: True. I'm still waiting on the glass shop's estimate! How long does it tank?! :angry:

Haha I see what you did there...Ohh you're so clever...lol

You'd think they would be quick with a reply...It's not like you put in an order for 122 curved pieces for a custom front door...lol

They said it'll cost about 16$ with tax (WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT). It'll be a couple days before the glass is cut. :angry: That's too long!

They said it'll cost about 16$ with tax (WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT). It'll be a couple days before the glass is cut. :angry: That's too long!

Arrrrg soooooo loooong soooooo cheeeeappp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like they've got you over a barrel...at least the wondering is over...now the waiting begins ;)

Scaping time? What do you mean I thought that the tank was going to take a couple days to get cut up...

Yeah, but he knows the dimensions...what else is he gonna do but mess with rocks until he can build the tank...haha!

I've made a model out of cardboard of the tank. I'll just get an idea of what I'm working with.

Glad you're creeping though! :)

I've made a model out of cardboard of the tank. I'll just get an idea of what I'm working with.

Glad you're creeping though! :)

It's what all good creeps do! :P

I want pics of the cardboard tank! lol

<_< Oh please.

I've got plenty of pics to take when the glass comes. Cardboard tank will be here this afternoon. Guaranteed! :happy:

<_< Oh please.

I've got plenty of pics to take when the glass comes. Cardboard tank will be here this afternoon. Guaranteed! :happy:

Waiting ! :P

Archived