Top Shelf Aquatics

Ballz' 3 Gallon

iball1804

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dallasprstn

i say get the sps, as long as you keep the parameters in check you'll be fine, especially because it'd be a monti or birdsnest.

i don't know about the fish yet though, i agree with Jacob, but i guess the whole bioload addition is inevitable.

but i just realized this post was like two hours ago and it doesn't matter what i just typed lol. :mellow:

No that's fine. No fish for now, just inverts!

All params tested great. 0 across the board for the usuals, and pH of 8.1

do some research on rainords you'll see why im advising against them.

I'd like to dream for once.

Yaaaay. he's got coral(s)

placment deppend on prefrance. Its your tank man. Id say as long as its under water. your safe.

Hahaha! Thanks man. It's my first SPS and I'm excited to see where it goes.

med-high flow and light. IMO feeding makes things grow.I like where its resting.

6897324624_4d3cc64ba8.jpg

6897324618_8d03e3ec13.jpg

6897324522_1910691f57.jpg

6897324514_d60f80c326.jpg

6897324444_128f467db2.jpg

I like the placement. Yay/nay?

The placement is too high. You will shade corals once it starts to grow. Place it low and to the side. To the left of the solo rock would look cool or to the right of the large rock.

just my .02

-dan

Of course you were "that guy" Dan. :lol: I've seen plenty of tanks with the caps up top, my LFS included.

dallasprstn

and then it will be wasted space! which would be terrible...because I can totally see a sweet colony of zoas directly underneath where it is right now. :P

Tank is looking great! glad to see some coral in there :D The cap looks really cool where it is, but yeah....it'll definitely shade a lot of the stuff underneath.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Just wanted to say, I've started snooping along contestants threads and am impressed on what I've been discovering... :)

Archived