Top Shelf Aquatics

got2envy's 40g Long

got2envy

So after taking a break for a while and letting my tanks go to poo, I have finally decided to bring my reef back to life. I was looking at my poor tank about a month ago and wondering what happened that I let it get in such a state...life...that's what happened lol So here is my start, I replaced the PC's with a cheapy T5 Odyssea unit for now till I can save up for some LED's :P I have 2x blue plus, 1x aquablue and 1x super actinic. I used this bulb combo before with great results. I have my MP10 on the way from DF&S.

Equipment- I do the KISS method - no sump

Odyssea 48" T5HO

2x DF&S HOB w/surface skimmer

Vortech MP10

100w heater

Livestock -

Flame Angel

Lyretail Anthias

3x Blue Streak Cardinals

3x True Percs

Royal Gramma

Yellow watchamn

Cherub pygmy angel

Green Clown Goby (that I hardly ever see <_< )

Masked Goby

Porcelain Crab

Decorator crab (hitch hiker)

lots of snails and hermits

3/11/12

DSCN0333-1.jpg

4/6/12

IMG_20120406_112136.jpg

5/21/12

Untitled-4.jpg

Thanks for looking! ;)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LoL reefing is in the blood!!!

I never stopped just took a break from the forums...sooo how many tank contests have I missed? :P

Mmmmkay I know u want pix...here are a few random shots

Xenia is da debil..it overtook a lot of the tank, talk about work to get it off. I am going to try and isolate it to this rock..if not it will get the boot.

DSCN0331.jpg

Blue clove polyps, I got the original frag from El Fab's pico :)

DSCN0355.jpg

Yellow Yuma it has 2 babies

DSCN0326.jpg

Orange Torch

DSCN0324.jpg

Lyretail Anthias ...I have 2

DSCN0330.jpg

Sunburst Anthias

DSCN0345-1.jpg

Porcelain crab

DSCN0356.jpg

DSCN0334-2.jpg

DSCN0319-1.jpg

Yay :happydance:

Looks awesome. I love, love, love, the sunburst anthias :wub: I want one but can't have one :(

I'll just admire yours. Be sure to take lots of pictures of it :)

You always have the most beautiful tanks.

Thank you! ;)

It is looking beautiful! :) How do you find the flame angel with your corals?

The flame has been good so far, it is still small tho. I am keeping an eye on it for sure.

gorgeous tank maria! good to see you around again. Are you still in on the macro scene? I'd love to do some trading

I only have 2 common macros in my 125g reefs sump...red titan, prolifera...not really looking for macros at the moment :P

Yay :happydance:

Looks awesome. I love, love, love, the sunburst anthias :wub: I want one but can't have one :(

I'll just admire yours. Be sure to take lots of pictures of it :)

I will, it actually ate the first day I got it, I was very surprised considering the reason I never got one was because I heard that they have a problem eating in captivity...I fed frozen cyclopeeze.

I will take plenty of pix...u know how I roll lol :lol:

Thanks guys! :)

and 2 pix so my thread doesn't suck azz. lol

My rainbow Trachy

IMG_20120316_100751.jpg

Can't get enough of my Sunburst Anthias! and yes that is still my moai...sporting a new hair doo :lol:

IMG_20120316_100917.jpg

sorry so blue only blue plus and super actinic bulbs on.

I also want to add that after 2 weeks with the Odyssea T5 light fixture I am very impressed.

I would recommend it to anyone on a budget :) Not bad for $109 shipped :P and $90 in bulbs.

T5's and Mp10s FTW :D

That's how we roll B)

Thanks for stopping in Hype! Still needs lots of work before it is really back to where it was..I was a bad reefing mommy :(

I LOVE the new doo!!!! :lol:

And the anthias :wub:

It's eats like a champ! that Moai has been with me since my 10g contest tank haha I may have to put it in my contest pico :happy:

It's eats like a champ! that Moai has been with me since my 10g contest tank haha I may have to put it in my contest pico :happy:

I know! I've always loved that Moai!!!! Was it GSP before? I'm having trouble remembering :lol:

Archived