Cultivated Reef

Configuration with 3ups?

oncorhynchus

oncorhynchus

I was wondering if you had a recomendation for spacing with the 3up stars? My tank is 38 x 21 x 26 and I was looking to use the 3ups plus T and DR in 10:5:3:2 ratio. How far apart do you recommend spacing the 3ups from each other for the best coverage but with no spotlighting. These will be on a heatsink in a hood about 5 inches from the surface of the water.

Thanks.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
I was wondering if you had a recomendation for spacing with the 3up stars? My tank is 38 x 21 x 26 and I was looking to use the 3ups plus T and DR in 10:5:3:2 ratio. How far apart do you recommend spacing the 3ups from each other for the best coverage but with no spotlighting. These will be on a heatsink in a hood about 5 inches from the surface of the water.

Thanks.

5" from water and 26" depth you are going to need to put them within 3-4" of each other with 40 degree optics or 6" or less with no optics.

oncorhynchus
5" from water and 26" depth you are going to need to put them within 3-4" of each other with 40 degree optics or 6" or less with no optics.

Thanks. How many 3ups total would you target for a tank of this size - looking for enough to grow clams/sps at depth.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Thanks. How many 3ups total would you target for a tank of this size - looking for enough to grow clams/sps at depth.

14-18 and you probably will end up wanting 40 degree optics to grow at the sand bed. If you could raise the fixture up a few inches (closer to 8-9 rather than 5" that would be better)

Archived