Top Shelf Aquatics

Josh's 2.5 gallon SPS Reef

BGJ223

It's something I'll have to take a closer look into. Good job tho! Can't wait to see this grown out !

I think you should.

I can't wait for the first so that I can finally add stuff.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
pics time

7 leds with 2 moon light leds

3 white 4 blue

moon lights have not been wired yet

IMG_20120319_194333.jpg

I took a standard fluorescent fixture, gutted it and cut it down to size

IMG_20120319_194415.jpg

here it is with lights on. looks dull in the pic, sorry it was from the cell phone.

IMG_20120319_210624.jpg

Brightness looks better here.

IMG_20120319_210657.jpg

and a sneak peek at a couple sps frags that will go in the tank

IMG_20120319_210854.jpg

Nice work on the flush look you gave the fixture! What a difference it makes over the first light. ;)

Nice work on the flush look you gave the fixture! What a difference it makes over the first light. ;)

Thank you very much. I have been meaning to contact you, I think I will need to put in another order soon. due to size and heating/cooling for this tank, I think I will need to pick up and RKL.

well looks like I had to buy something for the tank.. I ordered a DIY ATO kit from aquahub.com

I will probably order and RKL for the tank in the next week or so also.

Well. My Koralia nano stopped working on me, time to figure out a replacement pump. I have a Seio 320, but the mounting system makes it huge. Need to see if I can DIY it or just go with something different.

replaced the koralia nano with an aqueon 500. I was hoping the seio 320 would work for me, but it is too bulky with the mounting bracket

Switch out the 3 cool white leds for 3 19k ebay LEDs. Now I have the color that I was going for, somewhere between 14k and 20k. I place the light over one of my other tanks and it made the colors pop.

IMG_20120324_141857.jpg

I cannot wait to add corals, hurry up and get April 1st.

I also added 1 cerith snail to the tank.

I am debating if I want to do a carpet of gsp or zoas. I think gsp will fill in quicker but their growth will have to be managed

Man I really like that LiL tank.I been looking at a small tank to do dwarf seahorse's and that tank would be great.What kind of temps are you seeing? The horses need um low. Tank looks great. ;)

Man I really like that LiL tank.I been looking at a small tank to do dwarf seahorse's and that tank would be great.What kind of temps are you seeing? The horses need um low. Tank looks great. ;)

Thanks. Temps can get quite warm on a hot day. With a top off kit and fans you could probably keep the temp in check.

Let there be float switch.

IMG_20120328_203138.jpg

Looks pretty big with the snail guard on, going to need to see if I can find something smaller that will do the trick.

replaced the koralia nano with an aqueon 500. I was hoping the seio 320 would work for me, but it is too bulky with the mounting bracket

i have a hydor pico 180 fs. that might work for you. worked amazing in my 12in cube

The mirror makes it kinda difficult to snap a picture that is in focus.

Here are some pics of the corals that I added.

This was a reflection from the mirror.

DSC_0111.JPG

IMG_20120401_105819.jpg

Monti-Island

DSC_0093.JPG

I need stocking ideas. I doubt highly I would want to do a fish, but there are some very small goby species out there that I would consider.

More than likely I will stick to shrimps and crabs. (No Sexy Shrimp)

options so far are:

Pepermint shrimp

Skunk Cleaner

Glass Shrimp

Porcelain Crab

Pom Pom Crab

Emerald Crab

Nice additions!

Get just 1 small YCG. I have seen them <.5"

YCG can be hard to keep, and they have been known to munch on SPS.

I added a switch to my ATO, this way I can turn it off when I do water changes. Just need to remember to turn it back on.

Cheese-Lover
Just saw some bumble gobies at the lfs. Tempted to convert one to salt

I vote you don't do it.

... Because that's what I was going to do. >.>

I vote you don't do it.

... Because that's what I was going to do. >.>

They are the perfect size though, and they are reef safe. LOL

I was thinking about doing a platty also, but they are kinda bland.

Archived