Pod Your Reef

Josh's 2.5 gallon SPS Reef

BGJ223

dallasprstn
Pom pom ftw.

yeah, join the pom pom club. :P

the tank looks awesome btw, i like the monti island! i wish i could find the green's and purple's locally..

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, join the pom pom club. :P

the tank looks awesome btw, i like the monti island! i wish i could find the green's and purple's locally..

Thank you. I just hope they grow in well. Only time will tell though.

Anyone know if the Anenome's on the Pom Pom crab will sting corals?

More progress.

Cut a hole in an acrylic bracket to mount a fan over the AC-70. This will be controlled by the RKL to help bring the temp down. RKL comes tomorrow, hopefully I will have a chance to test it then.

Cheese-Lover
I was thinking about doing a platty also, but they are kinda bland.

Plattys don't go over SG0.015, Same as Swordtails.

Mollys do. But they get too big.

Guppies do. But do you really want a guppy in a marine tank? Pinned up against the glass all the time... >.>

Plattys don't go over SG0.015, Same as Swordtails.

Mollys do. But they get too big.

Guppies do. But do you really want a guppy in a marine tank? Pinned up against the glass all the time... >.>

Then It looks like it will probably be the Bumble bee goby. Unless, you think Endlers Live Bearers would convert over?

The way you are building your aquascape is impressive! Keep up the nice work!

Thank you Sir!! I just hope everything fills in, in a timely fashion.

(I guess I posted this yesterday but forgot the pic, I am losing it)

I did a little more work on the tank last night. I mounted a fan in a piece of Acrylic that will be mounted to the wall over my AC-70. This will be controlled by my RKL to come on when temp reaches 79 degrees.

This is just a temp fitting for now.

IMG_20120403_193414.jpg

So the RKL will be controlling.

Heater

Fan

Lights

Moon Lights

Also, I added a switch to my ATO. This allows me to turn it off when I do a water change. Worked like a champ yesterday.

IMG_20120403_162950.jpg

Cheese-Lover
Then It looks like it will probably be the Bumble bee goby. Unless, you think Endlers Live Bearers would convert over?

*Sigh*

Yes, Endlers do convert over very well.

However mine have always found the smallest hole to jump out of... Next thing you are going to say you want a male endler, bumblebee goby and black sun coral... (My stocking plans. >.> )

More pics, decided to snap some shots with the DSLR last night.

FTS

DSC_0113.JPG

Monti - Feel free to ID for me please.

DSC_0118.JPG

Orange Monti Cap

DSC_0120.JPG

Unknown SPS - Feel free to Identify

DSC_0128.JPG

Another Unknown SPS - Feel Free to Identify

DSC_0130.JPG

Another Orange Monti Frag

DSC_0134.JPG

GSP

DSC_0135.JPG

Side View

DSC_0136.JPG

Angled down shot of Left side

DSC_0139.JPG

Thanks everyone for the compliments . Now I am on the hunt for a shrimp our two to put in this thing. I can't find any small fish locally that I would like to add, so the tank will only be inverts probably.

I believe the top unknown sps starts with an h but can't remember the exact name, we just got some into our shop today

I think it is echinata

Order a new LED driver. Going to run the LEDs at 350MA and see how I like it. Polyp extension is very short when the lights are on, and I am hoping less light intensity will help things a little.

Also, I added a Tiny Birdsnest Frag, a Small unknown SPS frag, and a tiny Porites Frag. Not much room for anything else in this tank, unless I can find some small stuff to attach to the bottom area of the rocks.

Archived