SaltCritters.com

Gnome Glass Skimmers

_Mitch_

Well I ordered one on 10/24 but have yet to hear back from them at all? So hoping I hear from them ASAP. Anyone know of anything going on with gnome glass?

Thanks

Dude, sorry to hear but he closed his business a while back. You better file that paypal dispute asap.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pico Aquariums had something like this a while back, but their site doesn't show them anymore. Shame, too. They were nice. I was hoping to use a skimmer like this in my 20L... Dang.

Kingsley (Ned)

I was in the same boat. I ordered one and then heard nothing... Paypal made it right and another member on here sold me his old one. It broke in shipping but I just sent it into a lab grade repair shop who's fixing it.

If folks really want one, the lab grade glass repair company said the could recreate them from an original. I could check the pricing.

PM me if interested.

I checked out the Red Sea air driven one but it wasn't as easy to adjust the height of the wood block or the body itself as the Gnome.

Ordered from Calen too, had to file the dispute. I'm surprised Paypal hasn't forced that account closed. It automatically takes the money and sends an automated invoice, kinda shady!

On 1 other forum I have read were guys are Havering to make PayPal claims to get there money back. And anybody who puts there phone no. On there website as 1234. Well, that sends a red flag up for me. I emailed.him and asked if he was legit but got nothing back.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
SquishyFishy

O.K. strike me out also....ordered and paid through PayPal May 26th....only got the order confirmation, not one reply to my email inquiries. Will be filing the claim with PayPal later today...I'm done. Even tried to get a legit phone # but nothing.

Will look at the other glass company now.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reviews everyone! I really appreciate the kind words, and I'll do my best to keep providing great products and customer service - I think it's a great way to start a business, by building a foundation of quality and support. As always, if anyone needs some support on the various things I make, please shoot me an email or a private message here. I can't always keep up on the forums as well as I'd like, but I'll be sure to get back to you quickly in either of those mediums...

It's distressing to see that one of these skimmers could lead to so much water loss - I'll have to experiment a bit and see if I can create an anti-siphon model. I'd also like to note, though, that the skimmer in the video is mounted a bit low for how much air is flowing through it. The dense foam column should end about an inch underneath the bottom of the dome, so I'd recommend a higher mounting position to prevent this. It does seem to be a special circumstance, since the floss was just pulled, but it would be best to adjust the skimmer during the increased foam if you don't have an anti-siphon installed as Tiki does.

Finally, if you have any ideas for my products, something I should make or something I should alter, I'd sure love to hear 'em! Shoot me a mail - heck, I might even send a prototype out to you to test if you're willing to give me some feedback. You never know!

Thanks for the support!

-Calen

Someone ban your bitchass out of here. Get lost son. Give me back my money, or give me the skimmer I ordered!

wishba

jedimasterben

Someone ban your bitchass out of here. Get lost son. Give me back my money, or give me the skimmer I ordered!

wishba

Last Active Jun 10 2013 07:17 PM

Pretty sure you're talking to a wall on here. Put in a Paypal dispute and get your money back.

Archived