Top Shelf Aquatics

2.6 Gallon Hexagon

Robby.F

Thanks for the kind words! I really wanted to achieve a simple/clean look, but I just noticed the cord hanging freely in the picture! haha

I'm still not sure what I want to stock, I wanted to do sexy shrimp but I would be paranoid of them getting sucked into my sump. For coral I was thinking mainly zoas. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Well I made it easily adjustable, wont know how high to keep it until I have anything in the tank. What do you think, too close? This is my first time using PAR30

Added a clean up crew today, consisting of small turbo snails and hermit crabs. Here is a picture of a hermit perched on a ledge, with a turbo in the foreground. (Its exciting having movement in my tank after the work put into it!) :D

7085939001_f753bcaeda_c.jpg

photo (16) by Robby-F, on Flickr

cool..how did you hang that par30 led ? it looks like u ordered the reeflamp clamp from boostled but what is that long black piece?

Thanks for all the compliments! Let me know what you think I should stock, as I've yet to decide! Majority in the contest seem to be doing Sexy Shrimp, so I was thinking a single Pistol Shrimp.

cool..how did you hang that par30 led ? it looks like u ordered the reeflamp clamp from boostled but what is that long black piece?
The black piece is nothing more than wood painted black. I used it to mount the clamp (it didn't bend enough to attach to the shelf), and it also added height.
Matt.blair24

Yeah I'd go with a pistol shrimp and maybe a jaguar goby if you can fit it in there. I already had two sexy shrimp and one already died.

• 3 weeks later...

I added a Maxi Mini along with a small Superman Monti frag and some Palys! I will have pictures up soon!

Archived