Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Markushka's DIY < 3g pico

Markushka

:D it would have blown all the other tanks out of the contest empty had I entered. I'm hoping to bonsai a reef drop off bio-type with this tank.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I want to, I mean I had a fts/fes up yesterday, I just didn't know about the fts/fes thread, but also my tank has no water, nor a bottom pane so I'm way behind. I may not even fill it till after june, tho if I were in the contest i'd be doing everything asap.

I pmed dallas, we'll see what he says, but I'm not all too worried. I was never doing the tank for the contest, I was doing the contest with the tank. it would be cool to compete tho.

Ideally I'd really like a small wave effect in here from a short pulse k nano, but I'm not sure on the feasibility of that. I don't want water going everywhere, but it also just might work.

yup a pico - drop off - AIO tank :D

This tank will be set up, I'm working on that, but it probably won't be fillable until monday at the earliest. i still need to think about rock and lights. I'm thinking I'll do another tank for my diy pico contest, a tiny but really long ~1g tank.

Also what did you all use for blacking out the glass? I was thinking window tint, but I'm not sure how I should do the sump. I was thinking of tinting the ledge on the inside of the sump, but how well would something like that hold up to SW? and would it leach anything?

You can use that vinyl sticky stuff..I had bought some at one time when I had my tank set up and couldn't paint it..worked out well.

the window tint from wally world? Would it be ok on the inside of my sump tho? I'm afraid it could leach some nasties into the water.

I might try one of those, or look for some black plastic and glue it down. I could even paint it I guess. I'll have to figure that out still.

I'm working on making the back portion accessible, while keeping the tank as big as possible. I'm thinking a 2" - 3" space between the overflow and the end of the tank will give me enough room to access the aio part fully.

In regards to this question.

" Also what did you all use for blacking out the glass?"

Look into black abs or pexiglass sheets. if it wont fit in the tank. make a wrap around for the outside.

hope this helps a little.

Archived