Pod Your Reef

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am in....just need a tank and other equipment...putting in an order toooonight :unsure:

Oh, hell...y'all might as well give up now.

Got any ideas in mind for the contest tank, Got2envy?

I have no idea...I have been looking for the last couple of hours...I am new to the whole LED scene :unsure:

I am thinking 3g JBJ with a Boost LED Par 30...but still looking haha

I have no idea...I have been looking for the last couple of hours...I am new to the whole LED scene :unsure:

Thats what im doing :)

Sounds solid. IF I enter I'll be going with a drilled and sumped 3g JBJ and a nano-tuners PAR38. Can't decide if I should enter or just put the money towards a GLA 91-L. Decisions, decisions...

Good luck, Maria.

Join the dark side :lol:

Whutza GLA 91-L? :unsure: sounds official lol

Shh! Bryan hahaha

Green Leaf Aquariums 91-L: 36x18x18, 48 gallons of Starphire (or Opti-White or whatever the hell they call it) sexiness. It's been haunting my dreams.

dallasprstn

hey, everybody...just wanted to let you guys know we now have 30 participants! this contest seems to be getting pretty big, and we still have almost three more weeks before the deadline! :happy:

hey, everybody...just wanted to let you guys know we now have 30 participants! this contest seems to be getting pretty big, and we still have almost three more weeks before the deadline! :happy:

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

I plan on throwing my hat into the ring soon. I will make some mock ups before I dive in though. I have a stack of acrylic left over which will be more than enough for this application.

Could someone clarify the water volume though? Is the intent to keep the entire volume of the tank 3 gals or lower? Or does a 3 gal display mean you can run a 3 gal sump/fuge? (thereby being 6 gallons total?)

Also, for approx 1 month I will be tasked out for some training in some god forsaken base and "regular" updates will be very difficult to do. Will this result in a disqualification for not keeping the thread updated? Or can I get away with doing a FTS and update prior to departure, and one upon return?

Islandoftiki

Vortech MP10 on a Fluval Spec!

892FB948.jpg

Go big or go home...

Maybe I should set up two opposing for some sweet wave action.

Cue the sandstorm!

The real question is... will it blend?

I just setup my ac70 fuge, its pretty nice, was able to put my heater in it to free up some space.Should i wait until my tank completely cycles until i throw in some chaeto?It'snice to see so many contestants, but im getting worried now i wanna win!haha

I plan on throwing my hat into the ring soon. I will make some mock ups before I dive in though. I have a stack of acrylic left over which will be more than enough for this application.

Could someone clarify the water volume though? Is the intent to keep the entire volume of the tank 3 gals or lower? Or does a 3 gal display mean you can run a 3 gal sump/fuge? (thereby being 6 gallons total?)

Also, for approx 1 month I will be tasked out for some training in some god forsaken base and "regular" updates will be very difficult to do. Will this result in a disqualification for not keeping the thread updated? Or can I get away with doing a FTS and update prior to departure, and one upon return?

As long as you have a FTS and FES before you leave, and again one month later upon your return, I think that will be fine. Are you taking the tank with you or is someone else gonna take care of it while you're training?

Vortech MP10 on a Fluval Spec!

892FB948.jpg

Go big or go home...

Maybe I should set up two opposing for some sweet wave action.

Cue the sandstorm!

The real question is... will it blend?

As long as you have a FTS and FES before you leave, and again one month later upon your return, I think that will be fine. Are you taking the tank with you or is someone else gonna take care of it while you're training?

I will very likely be in some swamp cursing the mosquito gods. So no, I will be unable to take it with me. I will very likely be setting up a no fail system for my wife for water changes and top off. That, or enlist a LFS who does tank maintenance to keep it sustained until I return.

Islandoftiki

I'll let the cat out of the bag... The MP10 picture is actually a joke. I was cleaning the one from my 10 gallon tank and thought it would funny to see what a MP10 in a 2 gallon would look like. :-) It would be pretty funny to fire it up and run it up to full speed though. I'd be afraid it would drench the dry side as half of the water would probably soon exit the tank.

If you put two on there, you could probably keep the entire sand bed in constant suspension.

Archived