ReefCleaners.org

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

Hey all! The final tanks look great! Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Sorry for disappearing in August but I changed jobs suddenly and since the tank was on my desk it had to come down and move into my 14G. Good luck to the final 5!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey all! The final tanks look great! Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Sorry for disappearing in August but I changed jobs suddenly and since the tank was on my desk it had to come down and move into my 14G. Good luck to the final 5!

Hey, long time no see!

So many great tanks that didn't quite make it to the end... Yours was one that was going to be in the running for sure! My fiance was rooting for your tank; she wanted to see a girl win one of the prizes. :)

i was keeping mine going in hopes of getting the beginners luck frag pack but I'm on the verge of upgrading to something a bit bigger now.

Is micro reefs or dallasprstn still on here or posting. I don't give two hoots about the prizes or the comp but this is poor form for a business to not follow up.

I feel bad for everyone who participated and bought the tanks etc to get them in this contest and now there is nothing not even bragging rights.

Really not cool.

Is micro reefs or dallasprstn still on here or posting. I don't give two hoots about the prizes or the comp but this is poor form for a business to not follow up.

+1. I don't think it's proper at all for a business, especially a sponsor of the nano-reef forums as well, to just disregard their commitments like this.

This isn't so unusual.

Every contest goes the same way. 50+ people enter with a lot of buzz and excitement. Then 45 people drop out at various times and the excitement level dies down a little bit each month until it's basically the 5 contestants sharing their experience with each other. At the end of the contest, the organizers have all but disappeared, the prizes are nowhere to be heard of, and the contestants would just like to know who won.

This happened last time in the 1 year pico contest of 2010. At the end, the contestants posted some side by side pictures in a poll and everyone on the forum was welcome to vote on the winner.

Yeah, it's not what you were promised, but life never really is. At least you can have some resolution if you decided to put it up to popular vote.

This isn't so unusual.

Every contest goes the same way. 50+ people enter with a lot of buzz and excitement. Then 45 people drop out at various times and the excitement level dies down a little bit each month until it's basically the 5 contestants sharing their experience with each other. At the end of the contest, the organizers have all but disappeared, the prizes are nowhere to be heard of, and the contestants would just like to know who won.

This happened last time in the 1 year pico contest of 2010. At the end, the contestants posted some side by side pictures in a poll and everyone on the forum was welcome to vote on the winner.

Yeah, it's not what you were promised, but life never really is. At least you can have some resolution if you decided to put it up to popular vote.

Not a bad idea. I wonder if we could get an impartial 3rd party to set this up? I'd be happy to do it, but I'm one of the contestants, so I don't know if that would be appropriate. Of course, it would be better than nothing, so if we don't have a volunteer, I'll start setting it up next week.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we get the results even if there aren't any prizes?

Can any of the judges just say who their favorire would have been?

MeanGreenEyes

This is just effin' sad and pathetic...definitely won't do business with the sponsors for bailing on their commitments...as stated above...

Not a bad idea. I wonder if we could get an impartial 3rd party to set this up? I'd be happy to do it, but I'm one of the contestants, so I don't know if that would be appropriate. Of course, it would be better than nothing, so if we don't have a volunteer, I'll start setting it up next week.

I'll do it. Send me a pm of the photobucket link and ill post the poll. I'm totally impartial.

Archived