ReefCleaners.org

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was under the impression this was for new tanks only not established ones with full livestock.

Am I wrong?

These cubes are sexy, I'll have my thread up over the weekend.

Haha there were a couple exceptions made... But as a side note, that tank is 5.19 gal, so it is too big for this competition. wildmanzeke can still be in but you would have to drain it to the 3 gal level.

wildmanzeke
Haha there were a couple exceptions made... But as a side note, that tank is 5.19 gal, so it is too big for this competition. wildmanzeke can still be in but you would have to drain it to the 3 gal level.

yeah. It's only been up since january and it said as soon as you read this thread. If i'm too big to fit then i'll pull it out. :D. When i do water changes it only holds 3 gallons. actually less. i'm not trying to cheat a system. I'm actually in korea so I couldn't even use the prizes. I just wanted people to see my tank.

yeah. It's only been up since january and it said as soon as you read this thread. If i'm too big to fit then i'll pull it out. :D. When i do water changes it only holds 3 gallons. actually less. i'm not trying to cheat a system. I'm actually in korea so I couldn't even use the prizes. I just wanted people to see my tank.

haha it's fine I responded on your thread

its .9gallons dims are 3w+3T+13L i have no room to starting tanks and no idea on what to do with it

MAn taht would make a sick shallow coral bed :)

But exceptions were made for bare tanks I believe. wildmanzeke, now you have a good reason to set up another tank!

dallasprstn

hey, i'm really not trying to be a jerk here, because that is an awesome tank you've got going there, but the tanks that were an exception to the rules were ones that are bare tanks with no livestock so far, and i'm sorry i didn't make that clear in the official rules. but, if you just wanna show your tank off, go right ahead, because i'm really digging it!

dallas.

C.I._Reefer
hey, i'm really not trying to be a jerk here, because that is an awesome tank you've got going there, but the tanks that were an exception to the rules were ones that are bare tanks with no livestock so far, and i'm sorry i didn't make that clear in the official rules. but, if you just wanna show your tank off, go right ahead, because i'm really digging it!

dallas.

Hey, if my girlfriend wants to do an entry, does she have to register on here, or can i just maintain 2 threads? I'm gonna use this contest as an excuse to get her motivated in the hobby.

Hey, if my girlfriend wants to do an entry, does she have to register on here, or can i just maintain 2 threads? I'm gonna use this contest as an excuse to get her motivated in the hobby.

I did the same :) haha

Can I be a Judge? I have 2 JBJ Picotopes hooked up to one central sump, and I'm about to set up another pair of almost 5 gallon tanks. I wish I could enter, but because I already have these 5 gallon tanks, I don't wanna go out and buy ANOTHER...lol...and they would look crappy only filled to the 3 gallon mark...

So in a nutshell, I would love to be part of this contest, and if not as an entrant, than perhaps a judge? Also, might I suggest that you have multiple judges who judge every catagory? Maybe 3+? I have a whole judging system to propose...lol

I think it would be neat if every tank got judged in each catagory from 1-20...then you could add the scores of the three(or more) judges for that catagory, and the tank with the highest added score wins...Ideally it would include a judges card with all the registered entrants. It could look something like this....

Catagory: ___________ Overall______________

Tank A ---------------16

Tank B ---------------11

Tank C----------------15

Tank D----------------18

So then you would take the "score cards" from all the judges, add all the judges scores for Tank A's points, Tank B's, etc...And the highest score for that catagory wins! That way it's not one person just deciding a winner, it's less biased.

Anyway, if you decide to not make me a judge, or decide my ideas aren't for you, no hard feelings :) I think it's really cool what you are putting together, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this great Pico Buildoff progresses!!!!!

C.I._Reefer
I did the same :) haha

Yeah, I've kinda been reluctant to have here register on here. Quite frankly, some of you guys come off as sex deprived leg humpers :P

Can I be a Judge? I have 2 JBJ Picotopes hooked up to one central sump, and I'm about to set up another pair of almost 5 gallon tanks. I wish I could enter, but because I already have these 5 gallon tanks, I don't wanna go out and buy ANOTHER...lol...and they would look crappy only filled to the 3 gallon mark...

So in a nutshell, I would love to be part of this contest, and if not as an entrant, than perhaps a judge? Also, might I suggest that you have multiple judges who judge every catagory? Maybe 3+? I have a whole judging system to propose...lol

I think it would be neat if every tank got judged in each catagory from 1-20...then you could add the scores of the three(or more) judges for that catagory, and the tank with the highest added score wins...Ideally it would include a judges card with all the registered entrants. It could look something like this....

Catagory: ___________ Overall______________

Tank A ---------------16

Tank B ---------------11

Tank C----------------15

Tank D----------------18

So then you would take the "score cards" from all the judges, add all the judges scores for Tank A's points, Tank B's, etc...And the highest score for that catagory wins! That way it's not one person just deciding a winner, it's less biased.

Anyway, if you decide to not make me a judge, or decide my ideas aren't for you, no hard feelings :) I think it's really cool what you are putting together, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this great Pico Buildoff progresses!!!!!

And just out of curiosity, how ARE you planning on judging? Are you thinking about just assigning someone reputable the duty, and they just pick someone? Or did you have a method planned out as well?

3777318[/url]']

Yeah, I've kinda been reluctant to have here register on here. Quite frankly, some of you guys come off as sex deprived leg humpers :P

Smart man. I would say you're good. Moderators stamp of approval lol. Just make a thread for her and a thread for u and it's good.

dallasprstn

she can enter, just clarify that the other thread is her entry, that way, we'll know which is which. :happy:

And just out of curiosity, how ARE you planning on judging? Are you thinking about just assigning someone reputable the duty, and they just pick someone? Or did you have a method planned out as well?

PM me about it, i'd love to have you as a judge, and we'll figure out the judging system as well. i'm digging those ideas.

dallas.

C.I._Reefer
she can enter, just clarify that the other thread is her entry, that way, we'll know which is which. :happy:

dallas.

lol, Well now I'm kinda worried, what if her entry ends up beatin mine? Then ill have to smack-a-biatch... :/

On second thought, I'll just give her my leftover rock and supplies after I already have my scape and what not ;)

lol, Well now I'm kinda worried, what if her entry ends up beatin mine? Then ill have to smack-a-biatch... :/

"Aww, congratulations honey! As a technicality though, they'll be sending your prize to ME, since I originally entered you..."

dallasprstn
"Aww, congratulations honey! As a technicality though, they'll be sending your prize to ME, since I originally entered you..."

LOL. :D

C.I._Reefer

haha, my thoughts exactly :P

Really am pretty stoked about this contest tho. Also very stoked to get her involved.

I'm stoked about it too! And i'm not even entering!!

I believe I just got involved in the judging aspect of the contest, and soon dallas and I will have a nice fair judging system figured out to give everyone equal chances!

If we get more people to donate prizes, maybe we could add a catagory or 2? Just a thought...It would be cool if lots of people got to win! :) Who knows, just thought of that this very moment...lol

C.I._Reefer
I'm stoked about it too! And i'm not even entering!!

I believe I just got involved in the judging aspect of the contest, and soon dallas and I will have a nice fair judging system figured out to give everyone equal chances!

If we get more people to donate prizes, maybe we could add a catagory or 2? Just a thought...It would be cool if lots of people got to win! :) Who knows, just thought of that this very moment...lol

Even though i'm a participant, I would seriously be willing to throw in a small frag pack as a prize. I have tons of sps, favia, and zoas, So, I'm thinking a 3 or 4 coral pack valued around $60+. I'm just worried cuz i have no experience shipping coral. It'd be really cool if someone would be willing to split the shipping cost with me though. Cuz its kinda pricey.

Archived