SaltCritters.com

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was confused also.

I only stumbled upon this thread yesterday to look for updates and managed to copy and paste my pictures from my thread from my phone. I didn't have access to my computer until this morning.

I think, due to many people's differing schedules, we need a little larger period than a couple of days.

Also there wasn't really a clear distinction from the start that we needed to post in the FES/FTS thread until very recently, in which, no doubt, a few people may have missed that information.

I have my pics in either way, so it doesn't affect me, but for the sake of a diverse competition base, I think we should allow a grace period at this point.

The rules did clearly state

"April 1st, 2012: FTS and FES by 11:59 PM. Livestock can now be added! New equipment can still be added and/or modded. Last day for contest sign-up."

dallasprstn
I was confused also.

I only stumbled upon this thread yesterday to look for updates and managed to copy and paste my pictures from my thread from my phone. I didn't have access to my computer until this morning.

I think, due to many people's differing schedules, we need a little larger period than a couple of days.

Also there wasn't really a clear distinction from the start that we needed to post in the FES/FTS thread until very recently, in which, no doubt, a few people may have missed that information.

I have my pics in either way, so it doesn't affect me, but for the sake of a diverse competition base, I think we should allow a grace period at this point.

I'm thinking about doing something like a grace period. I had a few people pm me that they had posted their FTS/FES in their tank build thread yesterday because they hadn't checked up on this thread in a few days, if they had their pictures up on their thread before the first, I'd be fine with allowing one freebie but I want to make sure that everyone is okay with it. I think we should see what everyone thinks about that and then decide how to handle it after we get thoughts from most of the contestants.

Let this be a lesson to those who didn't post their FES and fTS in the new thread. Next time the new thread pops up, it's either post them or be disqualified.

To be honest, I believe that if there is someone who has NOT posted on the FTS and FES thread, but they have started a contest thread and posted their FTS and FES on it instead, we should still allow them to enter...

But, not my rules! Looks like we have 37 of the original 50, plus Jacob and C.I. Reefer both posted empty 2.5 gallon tank pics, Jacob for his "brother", and C.I. for his "GF"...Dunno how I feel about that really.......

But, not my rules! Looks like we have 37 of the original 50, plus Jacob and C.I. Reefer both posted empty 2.5 gallon tank pics, Jacob for his "brother", and C.I. for his "GF"...Dunno how I feel about that really.......

... yes.

Islandoftiki

To be honest, I had to do a little digging to find the link to the link to the FTS/FES thread. I mean, since this thread had 25 pages at the time and all...

Give 'em a break if they had pics posted on their tank build page +/- a day or two. I mean, is it really going to make or break the competition? A couple days, or heck even a week isn't going to make a bit of difference over the course of 6 months. Unless you have some special corals that I've never heard of.

... yes.

Phew...and I thought I was gonna have to make up my own mind...lol

C.I._Reefer
To be honest, I believe that if there is someone who has NOT posted on the FTS and FES thread, but they have started a contest thread and posted their FTS and FES on it instead, we should still allow them to enter...

I sought approval well in advance from dallas regarding my GF entering a tank. I am not entirely comfortable with her being on here and he said there wasn't an issue with it.

dallasprstn

Yeah, I think that due to the late notice of the FTS/FES thread and the fact that some people can't check this thread everyday, we should allow those who posted their pics in their thread should have this one as a freebie, but like I said, I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this because it is a big deal. maybe I should open a poll or something and decide through that, and that way no one has to be antagonized by someone for choosing a side.

Also, I'm with you on that, I think that we give them a chance to open their own account and start their own thread from there.

I just think they should make their own accounts and make their own threads!

Agreed...Jacob already stated that his brother knows nothing about reefing, so you KNOW at the least he would be doing some heavy advising. C.I. said it was gonna be like a competition between him and his GF, a better scenario in my head. But...it's already past the deadline to enter, and they both entered via Jacob and C.I.....So how do we all feel about this?

@Dallas - If they put up an FTS and FES within days of the 1st, I say let them in. But only this time. We shouldn't need to make concessions each month a FES and FTS are due. The rules are pretty well written, and should be fairly easy to follow. I hate the idea of losing people that went to the extent of putting together a tank and posting pics, but didn't put them in the right spot.

I do however believe this should be a one time thing. There should be not requirement for policing of whether or not someone posted.

C.I._Reefer
Why?

2 reasons

First, Some of you guys come off as sex deprived leg humpers

Secondly, and much more importantly, she is involved in every other damn aspect of my life, and this is the one place i have to "get away" from her. lol. Crazy woman is all over my face book, email, txt messaging etc. Nano-reef is all i have left.

Secondly, and much more importantly, she is involved in every other damn aspect of my life, and this is the one place i have to "get away" from her. lol. Crazy woman is all over my face book, email, txt messaging etc. Nano-reef is all i have left.

1. Depends on who we are talking about.

2. Then something's wrong! If only she could see that message :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think that due to the late notice of the FTS/FES thread and the fact that some people can't check this thread everyday, we should allow those who posted their pics in their thread should have this one as a freebie, but like I said, I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this because it is a big deal. maybe I should open a poll or something and decide through that, and that way no one has to be antagonized by someone for choosing a side.

Also, I'm with you on that, I think that we give them a chance to open their own account and start their own thread from there.

I don't forsee anyone having objections, expecially since the method of entering was just based upon posting in this thread, and opening a contest thread...The FTS/FES thread came into play later. I don't think there is a need to start a poll, if anyone has objections, let them voice it here.

2 reasons

And this post sealed the fate of her not being allowed to start an account...lol

dallasprstn

I think Meta and BGJ covered it nicely, I think we should let this be a one time thing due to the late notice of the FTS/FES thread and the fact that the only reason people needed to post on this thread was to enter, and may not have checked it in the last few days. I think we should wait until later tonight or tomorrow to get more feedback from people and see what they think. I agree though, it would be really stupid to be disqualified for posting on your thread and being oblivious of the FTS/FES thread because you hadn't checked up on this thread in a few days.

Archived