SaltCritters.com

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

I was looking at the jr. I just don't like the layout of the power strip. And the fact there is no screen

What do you mean there's no screen, it's in my pocket all day long...haha, screen schmeen, if I can control it with my iPhone, and program it on my laptop, I'm good to go. But I see what you mean, the RKL is one sexy little unit.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the net capabilities, but I would not want that to be my primary form of management. Which is why the rkl is kinda perfect in this situation. I wish I had the time to work on my arduino, now that would be cool

I like the net capabilities, but I would not want that to be my primary form of management. Which is why the rkl is kinda perfect in this situation. I wish I had the time to work on my arduino, now that would be cool

Yeah, this is about the limit of my technical capabilities...When it comes to programming code and whatnot, i'm clueless.

oh yeah im in with 2 gallon vase

Vase reefs are fun. Everything is magnified when you look through the round glass

I'm thinking of downgrading my tank size to .5 gallons instead of 1.2. :mellow:

Haha, no wonder you don't have a tank set up for the contest yet, too much thinking...lol

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

All this huff and puff that I'm seeing contestants doing just before the games begin on Sunday! Can't wait! :)

This will be a very FUN, Happy, Exciting Contest! Cant wait.

I only need a mini heater and build some extra stuff, add corals (After April1st) and maybe finish my DIY mini chiller. ooohhhhh Its getting good.. Wondering if what kind of fish I may add to this tank? :huh:

Mike. I love what your doing with the Cold water Picos. NICE!!

I only need a mini heater and build some extra stuff, add corals (After April1st) and maybe finish my DIY mini chiller. ooohhhhh Its getting good.. Wondering if what kind of fish I may add to this tank? :huh:

I was tossing around ways to do a mini chiller. Care to share what your plans are?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Yes, the contest is looking great and I'm very happy I was able to sponsor this contest! ;) The amount of contestants have grown and this makes me smile knowing how many pico lovers are out there!

If you go back on my original thread, when I fly down to visit my younger brother and set up his two gallon, he invests into the Micro-Chiller and I document the whole process! (That might get you some ideas)

A lot of reefers have given me nothing but praise for venturing into Temperate tanks and with Cold Water Marine Aquatics! It's through them that this idea has flourished.

The 2 gallon temperate pico is just doing great and all the live stock that came from Oregon coast is thriving! It's a fun and exciting time for Micro-Reefs. B)

On a side note: I have a 1pm appointment tomorrow again at Novatec headquarters with the owner of CoolWorks, we will running R&D on our 3 and possibly 4 gallon temperate pico!

Nuff said... :o

What can I say Mike. Your the Pico King IMo.

I always look forward to reading your threads. Mabye after this contest ill have to try out cold water picos.

dallasprstn
oh yeah im in with 2 gallon vase

that sounds very cool!

So can I change the part I screw the bulbs into after the 1st of May?

could you go into a little bit more depth on that question? I drat get we're you're going with that.

Can I change light fixtures for screw-in type leds if keeping the same bulb. IE going from desk lamp style to hanging style?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
What can I say Mike. Your the Pico King IMo.

I always look forward to reading your threads. Mabye after this contest ill have to try out cold water picos.

My mother exposed me to aquariums back in 1975 when they looked like this:

25tz2aq.jpg

We owned one and I remember it was a 20 gallon tank, with metal corners. The top also was made from the same metal and the light was a regular incandescent bulb.

We used colorful gravel as substrate, fake plants and a little wheel house that spun with bubbles; it was connected to an air pump.

The fish were mollies and tetras and some guppies!

My mom had tanks before I was born in New York back in the 60's she loved them and I guess I got that passion from her.

I don't ever remember NOT having or owning a fish tank, it was either my first goldfish bowl at the school fair but it was the aquariums that keep coming back!

Then came the 80's and the tanks lost the metal sides and looked very sleek and modern but fragile and the lights went to power compacts!

I was a Sophomore in high school coming back from soccer practice when I ran into my younger brothers friend, he had a 5 gallon glass aquarium with under gravel filtration/ air pump and it was salt water!

He was selling it for $20 bucks the whole kit; I walked home took $20 bucks out of my piggy bank and the tank was mine!

I never stopped loving the color of those bulbs back then, the way they shined on the crush coral gravel, the way it sparkled off my blue damsel!

When I went away to college as a freshmen, I discovered a LFS in Oakland CA, named "Lucky Goldfish" and that is when I discovered TruVu aquariums, I purchased a 10 gallon long tank with powerheads on top of the under gravel filtration.

A new breed of aquariums was out and I was on top of the world! I loved my triggers, lion fish, Atlantic Anemones and Sebea clowns!

Now here I am 42 years old, loving the Pico world and remembering when I was 5 years old, staring at my mothers metal tank back in 1975!

I guess this is why I'm so passionate about the hobby and my Micro-Reefs LLC...

All I can say is, I SALUTE ALL OF YOU, it's you guys that keep me wanting to build more and take you to places I would want to be! ;)

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

Can I change light fixtures for screw-in type leds if keeping the same bulb. IE going from desk lamp style to hanging style?

Why would you be changing it after May 1st anyway? I'd say no, not allowed, thats clearly a change of equipment, and has a significant impact on the overall look of your setup.

Why would you be changing it after May 1st anyway? I'd say no, not allowed, thats clearly a change of equipment, and has a significant impact on the overall look of your setup.

Not sure how I want to hang the light yet, and darn. :amgry:

ReefersEdge
My mother exposed me to aquariums back in 1975 when they looked like this:

25tz2aq.jpg

My LFS has a couple tanks like this for sale.

Archived