Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having a separate thread for the FTS and the FES, is great! Will make it easier on the judges and allow comparisons to be made efficiently and quickly!

Based on what I have seen, snooping around on the contestants threads, I'm thoroughly impressed on the creativity and design on what reefers can come up with, we are talking about 3 gallons or smaller!

And these reefers are just incredible! Makes me smile to know, they love small tanks this much! They are hard and a challenge but worth their weight in gold when they flourish and shine!

April 1st you are right around the corner, can't wait to see those FTS/FES!

I can't wait to win your tank as the grand prize.

Yes,

I was nominated to be one of the judges, and it's an honor! I was bite by the nano bug along time ago, and what ended up happening was, as I got larger in aquariums and I thought I was cured of the nano bug, I relapsed harder than ever and it was too late to turn back!

I became infected really bad with the pico bug! Anyone can tell you that owns a pico, how infectious the virus spreads! Don't fight it, it's here to stay!

It might lay dormant for years only to come at you like crazy and send you flying over to my site for feeding more into the infection! LOL

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :o

MG

You can judge, but I don't want to hear anything about Micro-Reefs in your thoughts.. :lol:

glad to see you finally joined in! I knew it was only a matter of time after looking through a few threads.. :happy:

haha i guess it was kinda predictable :P its already a ton of fun and this is just the beging

gaberosenfield

Is it OK if I enter this contest with a tank the I am also entering in another pico contest not related to this forum?

Is it OK if I enter this contest with a tank the I am also entering in another pico contest not related to this forum?

if it doesnt break any of the rules here i dont see why not

dallasprstn

yeah, I think your on dfwmas right? I was the one who tried to start the pico contest there, but I just gave up because I didn't like the whole budget thing. but feel free to join on in! Bryan from dfwmas is also in the contest btw! :happy:

So what happens if you need to replace a piece of equipment, but you can't get ANY of that type, or similar? IE not able to get any type of power-compact bulbs?

So what happens if you need to replace a piece of equipment, but you can't get ANY of that type, or similar? IE not able to get any type of power-compact bulbs?

Closest equivalant. If you cannot find ANY PC bulbs, I'd say go to the nearest wattage T5HO, since they're both fluorescent-type bulbs. But why wouldn't you be able to find any replacements? We all have the internet, after all ;)

gaberosenfield
yeah, I think your on dfwmas right? I was the one who tried to start the pico contest there, but I just gave up because I didn't like the whole budget thing. but feel free to join on in! Bryan from dfwmas is also in the contest btw! :happy:

Yeah, that's me! I'm glad you found a contest that better suits your needs. Good to know other's are doing the same as I am :D

Closest equivalant. If you cannot find ANY PC bulbs, I'd say go to the nearest wattage T5HO, since they're both fluorescent-type bulbs. But why wouldn't you be able to find any replacements? We all have the internet, after all ;)

Ugh, I was hoping you'd say that I could go LED then. :P

haha nice try...Unless someones product is discontinued, it's pretty easy to find whatcha need online.

dallasprstn
Yeah, that's me! I'm glad you found a contest that better suits your needs. Good to know other's are doing the same as I am :D

sweet! well it's on man. :P

lol, just go LED now!

lol, just go LED now!

I'd love too, but I'm scraping by on $10 a week in allowances. But if anyone wanted to donate a LED fixture/light/ect... ;)

dallasprstn
I'd love too, but I'm scraping by on $10 a week in allowances. But if anyone wanted to donate a LED fixture/light/ect... ;)

if you start saving that $10 a week you could have one of the wave point led fixtures..$47.99 at my lfs. :P

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
You can judge, but I don't want to hear anything about Micro-Reefs in your thoughts.. :lol:

LOL,

Do you have any idea how hard that is going to be? :o Can I say Michael-Reefs instead? Please.... :P

Just Joking, this is going to be fun!!

That actually seems like a good solution, how many do you think I'd need?

You have the 2 gallon Tom Deco, right?

I dunno, I have this exact bulb with 3 Royal Blue instead of 2 Blue 1 Cool White, and it's freaking INTENSE...Only problem with these things are the optics on them are 30 degrees, so you gotta hang them higher to avoid the spotlight effect...

If you criss-crossed the beams, you could probably get away with using 2. I'd probably end up buying 4, intending to have 1 or 2 of them as backups, then end up eventually adding them to the tank...Just remember, no new equipment as of May 1st, and these bulbs ship from Chjna, so the shipping takes a few weeks.

Archived