Top Shelf Aquatics

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, if possible, a clean FTS before livestock would be awesome, and then one once you add livestock as well...I'm aiming to have everyone post a FTS and FES around the 1st of every month, so we can track progress on the aquariums...As for the beginners luck award...I'm not sure if this is still going to be a catagory, but if it is, it will certainly NOT be included in the Best Overall scores, seeing as not everyone is a beginner...I'll try contacting Dallas to see what he wants to do about it.

dallasprstn
24hrs and no reply?

hey sorry man! I had a really busy day yesterday and completely forgot to check up on here!

FTS and FES on April 1st do not need to have pic's of livestock added and the tank doesn't even have to have livestock by then, we'd like the most current FTS so if you do add livestock on the 1st it's be nice to get a pic with it, but it's not mandatory!

as for the beginners luck category, that is pretty much for people who are new to saltwater or this is their first pico, it's kind of an incentive to get them started into keeping picos. it will be judged seperately from the other categories and will only be between the beginners in the contest. but, this doesn't hold beginners back from winning other categories!

frag hunt 2012 has begun. I have been grabbing frags that I want to put into the contest tank, they are all anxiously waiting in my 5.5 gallon right now. I am up to about 8 frags at the moment. The first needs to get here already.

frag hunt 2012 has begun. I have been grabbing frags that I want to put into the contest tank, they are all anxiously waiting in my 5.5 gallon right now. I am up to about 8 frags at the moment. The first needs to get here already.

Me too man. Just got some nice frags.

dallasprstn

lol me too. I have three zoa frags in my big tank waiting for the first of April haha.

Well...I found a 2.5 gallon tank at a garage sale and snapped it up...now to stop being a sissy and entering myself into the contest, lol.

I wish 200ppl would enter this Amazing contest. yeaaaah!!!!

Haha, I'd be happy with fifty, I think judging 200 aquariums would be quite the task...lol...it's gonna be hard enough with all the talented builds already entered!

ReefersEdge

I just got back from the lfs with my new light and some live rock. Working on the scape now and will start my build thread later tonight.

Haha, I'd be happy with fifty, I think judging 200 aquariums would be quite the task...lol...it's gonna be hard enough with all the talented builds already entered!

So true!

200 would be a lot, but you also have to take into account that half of the contestants will possibly drop before the completion of the competition.

dallasprstn
Well...I found a 2.5 gallon tank at a garage sale and snapped it up...now to stop being a sissy and entering myself into the contest, lol.

sweeet! I'll add you to the list!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Having a separate thread for the FTS and the FES, is great! Will make it easier on the judges and allow comparisons to be made efficiently and quickly!

Based on what I have seen, snooping around on the contestants threads, I'm thoroughly impressed on the creativity and design on what reefers can come up with, we are talking about 3 gallons or smaller!

And these reefers are just incredible! Makes me smile to know, they love small tanks this much! They are hard and a challenge but worth their weight in gold when they flourish and shine!

April 1st you are right around the corner, can't wait to see those FTS/FES!

ReefersEdge

Thanks for being a sponsor for the contest Mike, its cool what your doing the the pico industry. Are you going to be one of the judges?

Don't bother entering everyone, I already bribed all the judges with cookies and punch, and put bleach in all your tanks.

Eh, I prefer Pop Tarts and Top Ramen.....

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Thanks for being a sponsor for the contest Mike, its cool what your doing the the pico industry. Are you going to be one of the judges?

Yes,

I was nominated to be one of the judges, and it's an honor! I was bite by the nano bug along time ago, and what ended up happening was, as I got larger in aquariums and I thought I was cured of the nano bug, I relapsed harder than ever and it was too late to turn back!

I became infected really bad with the pico bug! Anyone can tell you that owns a pico, how infectious the virus spreads! Don't fight it, it's here to stay!

It might lay dormant for years only to come at you like crazy and send you flying over to my site for feeding more into the infection! LOL

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :o

MG

Archived