Pod Your Reef

Under 3 Gallon Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

I may join. I have a pico tank sitting around that I've been meaning to setup. Finally moved into my apartment, so now there is no excuse lol!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so I got the glass for my just slightly under 3gallon tank. some 100%sicilone and painters tape. will post pixs and detials in thread. After everthing goes live. Its Amazing how many people have joined so far. Nice. get the word out there.

dallasprstn

UPDATE:

-Contest will go live tonight after i get the rules thread complete!

-Just to clarify again....ANY INDEPENDENT DISPLAY TANK 3 GALLONS OR LESS IS ELIGIBLE FOR CONTEST!

-Those who are exceptions and already set up their tanks,NO ADDITIONAL LIVESTOCK UNTIL APRIL 1ST!

-Build thread can be titled whatever you like, but topic description must include, "My Entry for the 3 and Under Pico Contest."

-I should have the "Official 3 and Under Pico Contest" thread up as soon as possible, but please wait to make your thread until i do have it up.(I know you guys are anxious, but give me a few more hours.) :happy

Participants So Far:

C.I._Reefer

Boboli

banshee

boxboy

Gunbeaux

Markushka

Jacob042426

MFChop

11GTCS

Thornchase

Islandoftiki

Picoclaire

Bobyboy

Robby.F

Veng

shaneandjohn

Matt.blair24

jnam

Daleo

16bio

and myself.

*Let me know if I missed anyone, or spelled any usernames wrong.*

-One last thing, thanks everyone for showing so much interest, it's awesome to see this big of a turnout, but lets keep this thread popular to see if we can get any more participants, the more the merrier right?

Dallas.

UPDATE:

-Contest will go live tonight after i get the rules thread complete!

-Just to clarify again....ANY INDEPENDENT DISPLAY TANK 3 GALLONS OR LESS IS ELIGIBLE FOR CONTEST!

-Those who are exceptions and already set up their tanks,NO ADDITIONAL LIVESTOCK UNTIL APRIL 1ST!

-Build thread can be titled whatever you like, but topic description must include, "My Entry for the 3 and Under Pico Contest."

-I should have the "Official 3 and Under Pico Contest" thread up as soon as possible, but please wait to make your thread until i do have it up.(I know you guys are anxious, but give me a few more hours.) :happy

Participants So Far:

C.I._Reefer

Boboli

banshee

boxboy

Gunbeaux

Markushka

Jacob042426

MFChop

11GTCS

Thornchase

Islandoftiki

Picoclaire

Bobyboy

Robby.F

Veng

shaneandjohn

Matt.blair24

jnam

Daleo

and myself.

*Let me know if I missed anyone, or spelled any usernames wrong.*

-One last thing, thanks everyone for showing so much interest, it's awesome to see this big of a turnout, but lets keep this thread popular to see if we can get any more participants, the more the merrier right?

Dallas.

Is it to late to sign up? If not count me in!

dallasprstn
Wait... We can use sump mking the tank over 3gallons?

yeah but the sump can't be larger than the tank volume, so it will pretty much just micro sumps lol.

i'll go more in depth in the official rules and such.

When building a tank. do the sides rest against the sides of the bottom pan? or is it ok for the sides to rest on top of the bottom pan of glass? I think the glass shop mess.ed up the cuts

In such a small tank it doesn't matter. there isn't enough water pressure on the glass to matter. as long as the panes fit together perfectly and the silicon job is good, your tank will hold.

will the rules be final or up for discussion? and in the sake of organisation, we could leave any discussion out of the official thread, perhaps leave it for FTS and FES posts, so you don't have to wade thru pages of chit chat to see the pics.

dallasprstn

i'm finishing up the official thread right now, but yes, the rules would still be up for discussion until the end of the week. Also, please only comment on the official thread to clarify that you are entering the contest. Last thing, I will set up a separate thread for FTS and FES each month, and that is where you will post those!

sound good?

yea, but perhaps just one fes &fts thread, It'd make it easier, everyone could bookmark it and know exactly where to post their pics.

dallasprstn
yea, but perhaps just one fes &fts thread, It'd make it easier, everyone could bookmark it and know exactly where to post their pics.

very true, and then just have a monthly update post to separate the FTS and FES each month?

Archived