SaltCritters.com

Under 3 Gallon Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3774322[/url]']

How do you calculate that?

Haha my college physics textbook had a unit conversion table. One cubic inch is 0.004329 gallons.

Ok, so it looks like I'll be entering the contest. If I remember to update threads and qualify to finish, that's another story. 1.5 Gallon Tetra was on clearance for 12$ at petco, so I grabbed it. I've already tossed an old TopFin30 and a heater in it. Need to do something on the light, and get some rock for scaping. Pulled a little rubble out of one of the other tanks, but didn't have enough to do anything. I know in the thread you said we could start cycling, what's the dates on adding stock and such? Has the offical thread been made?

Ok, so it looks like I'll be entering the contest. If I remember to update threads and qualify to finish, that's another story. 1.5 Gallon Tetra was on clearance for 12$ at petco, so I grabbed it. I've already tossed an old TopFin30 and a heater in it. Need to do something on the light, and get some rock for scaping. Pulled a little rubble out of one of the other tanks, but didn't have enough to do anything. I know in the thread you said we could start cycling, what's the dates on adding stock and such? Has the offical thread been made?

Official thread should be out this weekend, but the word now is that cycling and basic setup are ok as long as no livestock are put in. Good to have you on board!

The walmart one was silly, guys were adding on huge fuges, ac100 ect...

This ones better cause there AIO meaning very little can be modified.....

That filter is more than the tank itself :P

DHaut usually wins these contests. Even if he doesn't enter. ;)

Dhut'd never stand a chance against my contest tank. he's lucky he's switched to brewing beer now cos there'd be no contest.

I'm debating whether I want to build a new tank or use my old one. I would like some different dimensions.

Jacob042426

You guys will be shocked by how much I destroy everyone in this contest. I am going to spend less than $100. Watch.

I like to keep it simple! I say its all about looks than price :)

Plus i saved a lot of money by using base rock and sand!

Wait it has to be an AIO? I thought it was anything with a display under 3G?

I've already got a topfin 30 on it, which would make it not a AIO.

3774681[/url]']

I like to keep it simple! I say its all about looks than price :)

Plus i saved a lot of money by using base rock and sand!

Haha so far.... 50 bucks. I'd like to spend not much more than that on equipment and LR/LS

C.I._Reefer
Wait it has to be an AIO? I thought it was anything with a display under 3G?

I've already got a topfin 30 on it, which would make it not a AIO.

lol better not be, i have an ac70 going on the back of mine, and maybe a sump. lol

3774740[/url]']

lol better not be, i have an ac70 going on the back of mine, and maybe a sump. lol

"Any type modding is fine, including, Sumps, Lighting, Flow, Skimming, and pretty much whatever else you can think of is alright."

You're fine. As long as your sump isn't like 20 gallons lol. Then I think that might be a little bit much :D

Total cost for me is:

JBJ pico..$50

Heater...$30

Powerhead..$20

Thermometer..$12

Sand..$8 for 10lbs

Florida Reef Rock from reefcleaners.. $17

$137 isn't bad :)

Woops thought they were AIOs only, oh well

No :) From what I gather, its anything under 3 gallons! AGA with the fixings would be nice too!

"Any type modding is fine, including, Sumps, Lighting, Flow, Skimming, and pretty much whatever else you can think of is alright."

You're fine. As long as your sump isn't like 20 gallons lol. Then I think that might be a little bit much :D

damn, i was gonna have a 20g sump too. is 19 ok tho?

in all seriousness, i'm not looking to spend much on the tank, probably like 20 bucks for the glass, and 20 bucks for a pump if I need to buy one. As for the coral budget, probably as little as possible too, get some frags from friends, or some small pieces. not quite sure yet, I'm not even sure what the tank itself is going to look like yet, but I have a few ideas.

Archived