Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Blood, sweat, and saltwater.

Anthrax15

This will be my first documentation of my lastest tank build.

FTS:

6986000155_7ebe689590_z.jpg

IMG_4404 by Anthrax15, on Flickr

22g ADA Rimless

20g L sump/refugium

Custom Stand

AI Sol Blue

MP10 Vortech

Reef Octopus NWB 110

This project has been a major undertaking. I never realized how much work people put into their tanks and it has made me appreciate it far more. I have been in the saltwater hobby around 5 years owning a 55g, 40g BR Mantis, then a 40g BR reef, and now my pride and joy, this ADA rimless.

Big thanks to Dublo8 from RC. Without his help, this tank wouldn't have been possible. Blood, sweat and saltwater couldn't be more appropriate for this build. I managed to get a razor blade half way into my leg and dropped the DT onto my toe, destroying my cuticle and losing a toe nail. But through all the bumps and hurdles, this tank turned out fantastic and I couldn't be happier.

Tank will be mainly LPS, Softies, and Zoos/Palys but I will hand pick some very nice SPS and possibly a small Maxima in the future.

Rock is MarcoRock that I epoxed together. Sand is Caribsea.

Tank has started Feb 25th and currently cycling. Refugium lighting, heater, and Tunze are all temp until tank is ready.

Photos are unedited, taken straight from my camera.

6803728564_9a54d37460.jpg

IMG_4294 by Anthrax15, on Flickr

6949835891_852139ab4e.jpg

IMG_4291 by Anthrax15, on Flickr

6803725368_255ee1d748.jpg

IMG_4288 by Anthrax15, on Flickr

6949836909_659b71a969.jpg

IMG_4292 by Anthrax15, on Flickr

6803727974_70e18f89a7.jpg

IMG_4293 by Anthrax15, on Flickr

6803730480_9cce65bd93.jpg

IMG_4303 by Anthrax15, on Flickr

6949840691_bb08c7272f.jpg

IMG_4307 by Anthrax15, on Flickr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About a week worth of trial and error. Ordered 50lbs of rock, smashed it into smaller pieces and just went to town. Less than two tubes of epoxy holds it all together. Most of the rock fits like puzzle pieces thankfully.

surgicalsense

Very sleek. Now is your scape suppose to look like letters? Either way, that is also pretty cool.

Very sleek. Now is your scape suppose to look like letters? Either way, that is also pretty cool.

What letters do they look like lol?

nice rockscape and tank, btw i like your underwater diving artifact you got there

Thanks! Its one of the things my Aunt got me from Goodwill I used lol

Now I need to figure out what kind of livestock I'm gonna throw in here. I've got the NWB 110 so I can have a medium to high bioload.

I will be keeping my Lawnmower Blenny and maybe my Sixline. I want to get a Clown pair and a Rainford's Goby. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Its one of the things my Aunt got me from Goodwill I used lol

Now I need to figure out what kind of livestock I'm gonna throw in here. I've got the NWB 110 so I can have a medium to high bioload.

I will be keeping my Lawnmower Blenny and maybe my Sixline. I want to get a Clown pair and a Rainford's Goby. Any suggestions?

I love my Helfrichi and McCosker Flasher Wrasse. Recently added a Yasha and Pistol pair to mine, but are still hiding in the center of my rockscape. :( Love lawnmowers but I went with a golden lawnmower to make it more interesting. Looking forward to seeing what you decide!

All coral, fish, and inverts are in!!!

My god, I didn't realize how much I had until I put it into a smaller tank. :blink: I'm going to have to purge the tank for only my favorites.

Colors are insane with the AI Sol. Its a whole new world with these LED's. :) I'm gonna try and post pictures tomorrow but like everyone figured out, it's crazy hard to capture true colors with LED's.

I've decided to keep the LMB and Six Line since they are both have great personalities. Probably going to get a nice pair of clowns and maybe one more open water swimmer.

Archived