Sign in to follow this  

Question about starting a 2.5 pod tank

Is it possible to start a pico to raise pods and chaeto in I have a spare 2.5 gallon laying around would I need any filtration or a heater and would one 6500k cfl bulb do the trick for lighting

grmoore   
Is it possible to start a pico to raise pods and chaeto in I have a spare 2.5 gallon laying around would I need any filtration or a heater and would one 6500k cfl bulb do the trick for lighting

There's no reason you couldn't do that. Any 6500k, incandescent or even indirect sunlight will be fine for Chaeto. You don't really need filtration, but water movement would be needed to rotate the algae. The pods will live off the Chaeto, so as long as you dose nitrates and possibly iron periodically, both should thrive.

Any reccomendations for a small cheap pump or will and airstone with pump work

Unclemoe   

Just get a cheap hob filter itll move the water plenty in a 2.5

Onecd the pods start multiplying how do I put them in my tanks as a snack for my fish

Do I need live sand or live rock to supply nutrients for the chaeto

I meant for the chaeto I'm gonna grow the pods in my 65 my LFS sells empty shells in a strawberry basket and they are filled with copepods and they reproduce like crazy but the 2.5 I am using it for chaeto only