Top Shelf Aquatics

DaveG99's Glass Box

Daveg99

Most current tank shot

20121201_123226.jpg

Just got news that the new tank is finished! I had it built at Planet aquariums here in Dallas Texas. Its a 32"x24"x14" rimless tank with beveled edges, PVC bottom, black vinyl put on the back, and it has a glass holes 700gph overflow and 3/4 return. I will be running a 20gallon sump in the custom stand that I have already built. I will post pictures tonight! I currently have a 10 gallon with my SPS frags, one clown fish, and rock in it just waiting for this tank to be filled.

Equipment:

Flow: MP10 / Koralia 1400

Light: Maxspect Razor r420r 160 watt 16k

Skimmer: Reef Octopus NWB110

Overflow: Glass-holes 700 gph

Return pump: Quiet one 1200

ATO: Avast ato switch

Stand: Custom built by yours truly

I plan on adding a reactor running GFO and Carbon. But Im going to wait until its running for a while. I also plan on dosing two part once I build up my SPS collection. So far I only have 6-7 frags. The only thing I have left to do is get my stand into the living room from the garage, build the light holders out of metal conduit, and hook up my plumbing. Ill probably have that done by Saturday night. Then its gonna get WET!

Edited by Daveg99

Im thinking about going BB but I dont know for sure yet. I like the look of the black PVC bottom but I also enjoy having sand. Decisions decisions.

f7d3b972.jpg

027249bb.jpg

907ad008.jpg

Edited by Daveg99
Whoaaaaaa, you are back.

Michael

Yep. Took a couple years off. Went to Next wave yesterday and got my tickets for macna too.

Went to home depot today and bought a couple pieces of 3/4" conduit. I used a pipe bender right there in the isle at the store. took like 2 minutes to figure out and I have never used a pipe bender before. I just guessed at the height of the pipes and it came out perfect. The 10ft sections of pipe are only like $3.50. I used hack saw I had to cut through the pipes. I think it looks pretty good so far. Im probably going to paint the pipes black and put metal caps on the ends. The cable that came with the ATI fixture is super long. I guess I have to clip off the excess wire.

d3e001a0.jpg

da190f1d.jpg

I still havent done my plumbing but thats a pretty easy thing to do.

c15afc8a.jpg

ed34a930.jpg

70b70645.jpg

this picture shows the different color bulbs.

From left to right...blue+,blue+,coral+,purple+,blue+,blue+

1a271f43.jpg

Yep. Took a couple years off. Went to Next wave yesterday and got my tickets for macna too.

I completely forgot about next wave. I need to visit the local boards more often. I sort of sold my 95 gallon glasscages you helped me retrieve. Sold it to someone who gave me a $50 deposit and then disappeared. It will be going back up on dfwmas soon.

Michael

Been messing with some old rock I had sitting in a tub in the garage. This rock was from my old 40 breeder. Im going to use the live rock from my 10 gallon that is currently running and then Im going to add a couple of these pieces as well. But the amount in this picture is probably all Im going to use. Im going to have a minimum amount of rock in this thing. Probably goign to have an "L" shaped rock structure in the back left side and then a small island in the front right part. Im going to use the golden rule (5:3) ratio when building my rock structure.

I have also decided I am going to use sand even though I have a black PVC bottom.

1ff1c512.jpg

Here are some of my SPS in my 10 gallon.

b93b2ce4.jpg

2ea09aed.jpg

This weekend I plan on getting the plumbing done and painting the light hanger poles black

Edited by Daveg99

Bought some new frags today. Got a pink digitata, green digitata, tyree war coral favia, a green and blue stag (forgot the fancy name), some bam bam zoas, an orange meteor shower coral. And all of it was $50. The guy I got it from has a ton more stuff. I'm probably going to go back for more. I really need to get this tank filled so I can have more room. I have 16 frags right now.

16e62d25.jpg

d628a71f.jpg

Edited by Daveg99
  • 1 month later...

Tank will be set up soon. Im finally moving into the new place this weekend. I will be transferring everything from my 10 gallon into it very soon. My corals have grown a lot since these pictures were taken.

Just moved into the the new place this past weekend. I set up my 10 gallon on the stand for now with the ATI fixture over it. I am not setting up the new tank until my vacation is over. The 10 gal is very simple and much easier to handle for my non reefing buddy who is watching my tank for me while Im in the Bahamas next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Tank was set up yesterday. I transferred everything from the 10 gallon into it. I still need to add sand and more rock though. I will post pics tonight.