ReefCleaners.org

Mike C's 4G Pico

mike c

Set up this tank for my wife about 4 weeks ago. Just upgraded the stock 9w PC to a Ecoxotic 20k Par38. The light this bulb gives off is gorgeous! 3 blues and 2 whites, it gives off an almost violet hue (unnoticeable from phone pics). Its sitting on the bar in our kitchen.

The tank is 10" by 10", with an overflow rear chamber, like a mini AIO. The return pump is a RIO 180, 25w heater, and I just DIY'd a media basket out of eggcrate. Floss and Chemipure, and plan to add a little Purigen when I start stocking more livestock.

I've got a Hi-Fin Red Bar Goby, small CUC, and a couple mushroom frags.

What do you guys think?!

post-65950-1330658875_thumb.jpgpost-65950-1330658892_thumb.jpg

post-65950-1330658902_thumb.jpg

post-65950-1330659123_thumb.jpgpost-65950-1331873120_thumb.jpg

post-65950-1330658884_thumb.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paired up, overnight!! In the perfect location too, right up in the front of the tank.

post-65950-1330903631_thumb.jpg

The first location he tried to make his burrow.

post-65950-1330903645_thumb.jpg

post-65950-1330903639_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I hate you. I've had Charlie the Yasha for over 6 months. He's had 2 pistols. He's paired up with the newest pistol INSIDE A CAVE. Bloody hell.

Lol!!! If possible (without tearing down the scape), move the rock or fill the cave. Force Charlie and Mr.Pistol to start over. You might get a couple dirty looks :angry: but they wont mind too much.

Lighting looks amazing!

p.s. great tank

Thanks, Quantum! Ive got Ecoxotic LEDs on both my tanks. Great company, and great lights.

One cool tank, thanks for sharing the photos. I've gone BB with my pico so no pistol for me. I'm thinking to maybe go a bunch of sexy shrimp. Not as fun to watch but SEXY, lol. Following.

One cool tank, thanks for sharing the photos. I've gone BB with my pico so no pistol for me. I'm thinking to maybe go a bunch of sexy shrimp. Not as fun to watch but SEXY, lol. Following.

A bunch of Sexies would be dope! Im actually thinking of dropping some in here. Ive got a male Sexy and two females in my 28. Maybe transfer them over, and add a couple more females to his harem. It would be pretty sic to breed them! But thats a whole 'nother thread, lol.

Pic update!!

FTS

post-65950-1333674613_thumb.jpg

Zoas are starting to spread off the frag!

post-65950-1333674568_thumb.jpg

post-65950-1333674575_thumb.jpg

Found the green shroom (on the left) floating around in the rear chambers of the tank. I stuck it in a small rock hole, and it attached, right there next to the blue one.

post-65950-1333674588_thumb.jpg

Mushrooms are multiplying, and getting huge!

post-65950-1333674601_thumb.jpg

post-65950-1333674595_thumb.jpg

Its Charlie and Luger. And no, I can't fill the hole they dug, it's a pistol he will dig it up again right. I guess I could try it.

One cool tank, thanks for sharing the photos. I've gone BB with my pico so no pistol for me.

Click on my pico link in my signature. Remington the HH pistol lives inside my live rock, not sure if he misses his housekeeping instincts, I try to keep him from getting alzheimers by filling up his rock cave with sand every once in a while. -_-

Its Charlie and Luger. And no, I can't fill the hole they dug, it's a pistol he will dig it up again right. I guess I could try it.

Click on my pico link in my signature. Remington the HH pistol lives inside my live rock, not sure if he misses his housekeeping instincts, I try to keep him from getting alzheimers by filling up his rock cave with sand every once in a while. -_-

True..could be worth a shot.

Lol, maybe he lost his mojo... :(

• 3 weeks later...

So my Hi-Fin goby has been MIA for 5 days now...wonder where the hell he went? :huh: The pistol is still there. He comes out during feeding, and sounds off every hour so I know hes fine. But the goby is nowhere to be found!

Still no sign of the goby. During todays water change, I lifted and shook the rocks, nothing...dug around in the sandbed, looked in the rock...nothing...

A few upated pics. Zoas are spreading a little more, and Mushrooms are spliting and anchoring to other sides of the tank.

post-65950-1335502174_thumb.jpg

post-65950-1335502210_thumb.jpg

post-65950-1335502220_thumb.jpg

photobucket.com

Lol, Sorry, I know the reduced pics are annoying. I'll look into PB.

awesome tank man. they have a few just like that at the lfs. thought about getting one for my son.

That would be dope. My son loves helping me mess with the tanks.

Going on two weeks, and still no sign of the goby. :huh: I'm thinking he's dead, and the CUC did their job..any thoughts? Anyone else "lose" their goby?

Trates 0

Trites 0

Ammonia 0

SG 1.025

KH 7.5

Ca 430

Mag 1340

sublunary

Check the back chambers. My hi-fin goby has gone missing a few times and I found him camped out under the media basket. I had to take everything out of the back to find him and scoop him back with a net.

Charlie the Yasha makes an appearance twice a year in my tank. They can hide inside rocks too.

On another note what is that scary figurine next to the tank? Is that wife approved?

Check the back chambers. My hi-fin goby has gone missing a few times and I found him camped out under the media basket. I had to take everything out of the back to find him and scoop him back with a net.

Checked...not there either -_-

Archived