SaltCritters.com

Nixperience
9 minutes ago, Scorched said:

Almost the same age.  Shes currently two but will be 3 in July.

dUU5rWcl.jpg

Its not shown in this picture as its was Sunday (Fathers Day), but Saturday is Dory day.  My wife does laundry on Friday and every Saturday she always picks her Dory shirt and socks out of her entire collection of clean clothes.

Awesome!

Congrats @Scorched! I've been waiting for so long so see your tank back together again and here it is. Looks amazing! what inspired us all to create an amazing long and shallow nano reef to each our own. I still go back and watch some of your video from time to time :)

• Like 2
On 6/19/2017 at 0:38 PM, Scorched said:

The light intensity and color mixing I'm completely guessing at the moment.  Im around 12 hours total for daylight with 2 hours of just blue at night.  Maxes at 50% Blue/UV, 40% Mint, 20% White and 20% Cyan.

Will see how it works and tweak as needed.  Would love some input from @DaveFason on what works best for SPS and LPS.

NYV9RXN.jpg

Venustus was a champ and handled the transfer the best out of all the fish and corals.  He was out and swimming and eating right away Friday night and has been active all weekend.

Thanks!  Ya I expect a few months for everything to adjust and for me to dial in the dosing, feeding, and lighting to get the best coloration again.

I think you like the tank to look a bit more natural. If it were me I would bump the blue/cyan up a bit, lower the white to ~ 5% and adjust the mint to the white color you prefer. 

10-12 hour schedule will work well. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DaveFason said:

I think you like the tank to look a bit more natural. If it were me I would bump the blue/cyan up a bit, lower the white to ~ 5% and adjust the mint to the white color you prefer. 

10-12 hour schedule will work well. 

Thanks Dave!

• 2 weeks later...

Everything about this tank is a work of art. The build turned out amazingly. Glad the see the transfer went well besides the few losses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The corals that eventually passed away were my Red Dragon, Oregon Tort, and Miyagi Tort that I said were struggling.  This way around June 21st or so.   Whats weird is the torts and dragon RTNed in 24 hours but the torts had dark green skeletons underneath living tissue.  Once the tissue receeded the skeleton looked like it had been dead for months.  I have no idea how this could have happened as the outside tissue 1-2 days prior completely covered the skeleton and had great coloration.

4AGvhyR.jpg 

Happy to report no more losses since then.

Once everything looked to be stable again I put in a decent order at AquaSD for some great corals.  A few to replace ones lost and a couple brand new corals I've wanted to get for a long time.

As for the tank and equipment itself I ran into a slight snag with the Nanobox light and my Apex.  I've been in contact with Dave to get everything operational again and have everything dimming correctly.  Once it does I should finally be able to take nice photos and video. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've been slacking with the updates.  Too busy playing Horizon Zero Dawn in the evenings to photograph and upload pictures.

On Saturday I'm heading to Live Aquaria's Diver's Den Open House.  Hopefully I can pick up a couple unique items to add to the tank.

I was just sent confirmation on my Neptune Systems Insider COR beta test.  Hopefully that shows up soon so I can run it through its passes and provide feedback by MACNA.  Im thinking they will give an actual release date there as well as show off the last year of progress they've made on the Alkalinity monitor.  I think thats what delayed the COR so much.  They shifted a lot of priority over to that.

• Like 2
Christopher Marks
1 hour ago, Scorched said:

So I've been slacking with the updates.  Too busy playing Horizon Zero Dawn in the evenings to photograph and upload pictures.

On Saturday I'm heading to Live Aquaria's Diver's Den Open House.  Hopefully I can pick up a couple unique items to add to the tank.

Can't wait to see the latest update!

Take some photos of the Diver's Den Open House and share them here with us! That sounds awesome! Pretty please? :D 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Can't wait to see the latest update!

Take some photos of the Diver's Den Open House and share them here with us! That sounds awesome! Pretty please? :D 

Sure no problem :P

I can take more this time as well.  The baby venustus in those pictures ended up going on sale 2 months later, jumped at the opportunity to purchase and he's still with me.

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Pictures or I am remotely turning your lights off ;)

Nice benefit of using the Apex controller and Fusion.  Good luck getting in :P 

I almost got the camera going but needed to kill my first Thunderjaw.

9 minutes ago, Scorched said:

Nice benefit of using the Apex controller and Fusion.  Good luck getting in :P 

I almost got the camera going but needed to kill my first Thunderjaw.

You did see the hacking through an aquarium controller on RB, right? :P

2 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

You did see the hacking through an aquarium controller on RB, right? :P

Yep.   All of the talk at least from Neptune has been that it wasn't them or they would have been notified.  They said its most likely a custom controller or some older model that used open ports on a network for access.  Terrance was pretty pissed that Jake and others posting about the story keep using Neptune, GHL, RK or other images when nothing has been confirmed about which controller was compromised.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, SaltyBuddha said:

Horizon Zero Dawn! That game was pretty fun and the story was really engaging; even if the dialogue and voice acting was horrendous. 

Ya I've had lots of fun every night that I've been playing.  I haven't found the acting to be that bad.  Some of the dialog is a little cheesy but the delivery seemed to fit their character and the events.  I just got past the Day Tower gate and entered the desert looking zone.  I haven't even gotten into the crazy stuff yet.  I just saw the first Thunderjaw a little ways in and had a great time dying a few times to take him down.

50 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

Badass as always. 

Did you go with a glass surface on the cabinet top?

Thanks!

Black granite.  I searched around a bunch of places until I found the darkest remnant I could find.  They were then able to cut it to my dimensions.