Cultivated Reef

Dear John @ ReefCleaners...

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

bd295cc6-f035-4c63-84bd-0a718009a845.jpg

:D

I was prepared to get a lot more than I bought, and I specifically ordered for a tank that's around half the size of mine.

I ordered:

45 Dwarf Ceriths

12 Nassarius

14 Florida Ceriths

6 large & 8 small-med Nerites

What I got was (and yes, I counted!):

276 Dwarf Ceriths

14 Nassarius

15 Florida Ceriths (already had four or five that I caught on the beach, so I'm glad he didn't give me a ridiculous amount extra)

16 Nerites total

I dumped them in and it looked like I had left of a cerith atomic bomb! They're STILL crawling all over the place! I'll have more than enough for when I get a bigger tank, and several more tanks, too!!

And to think, at one point I saw you say that your mother was a math teacher! :haha:

Yep, they do like to give you extra dwarf ceriths. I ordered my CUC from them, too. 20% of my sand bed is now taken up with these little dwarf ceriths. They all seem to be doing just fine after 3 weeks. I don't know if you can have too many of these little guys. They're handy for getting into those hard to reach areas... Well, that's what she said.

bd295cc6-f035-4c63-84bd-0a718009a845.jpg

:D

I was prepared to get a lot more than I bought, and I specifically ordered for a tank that's around half the size of mine.

I ordered:

45 Dwarf Ceriths

12 Nassarius

14 Florida Ceriths

6 large & 8 small-med Nerites

What I got was (and yes, I counted!):

276 Dwarf Ceriths

14 Nassarius

15 Florida Ceriths (already had four or five that I caught on the beach, so I'm glad he didn't give me a ridiculous amount extra)

16 Nerites total

I dumped them in and it looked like I had left of a cerith atomic bomb! They're STILL crawling all over the place! I'll have more than enough for when I get a bigger tank, and several more tanks, too!!

And to think, at one point I saw you say that your mother was a math teacher! :haha:

That is awesome. I am trying to figure out how to blow that up, print it and frame it for the warehouse. Jeff, (the guy who does most of the packaging), will get a kick out of it.

• 4 weeks later...

HAH!! Love it. I just literally laughed out loud in my office when I saw that.

I posted pics of my sandbed after I got my order from John, because it was more black than white from the hundreds of snails crawling around on it! Gotta love ReefCleaners! :D

Same situation here.... will the dwarf ceriths eventually dissapear into the rockwork or will i always have a salt and pepper sand bed?

Yea, I just received my latest order Wednesday. I knew I'd get extra Cerith, so I cut the order down to 10. Fortunatly, that 10 was only multiplied by 10, so I can still see a few patches of live rock. I still have never had a single DOA from reef cleaners, which is...good, I guess. I all ways wind up with a few hermits for fun, too.. This time I got a Thin Stripe in a full sized Cerith shell and some insane looking micro hermit in a Nassarius shell. Good times.

They disperse eventually.

I think Psychosis is on to us, I will keep an eye out for you. :)

I'm Looking forward to getting my order from you tomorrow too John! Thank You for adding that emerald crab before sending out today!

Archived