Top Shelf Aquatics

Who is going to the CT Frag Farmers Market?

TinyGiant

2 questions from a newbie...

• How do you guys bring corals home if your 2 hours away? Do you set up some special heated container in your car?

• Also what happens if I purchase a coral at 11am, then stick around for 3hrs before leaving? Do the sellers typically hold on to them till you leave or do you need to carry them around all day?

I guess Im really asking how I should prepare and what I should bring if I want to stay for the whole thing and want to purchase coral.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 questions from a newbie...

• How do you guys bring corals home if your 2 hours away? Do you set up some special heated container in your car?

• Also what happens if I purchase a coral at 11am, then stick around for 3hrs before leaving? Do the sellers typically hold on to them till you leave or do you need to carry them around all day?

I guess Im really asking how I should prepare and what I should bring if I want to stay for the whole thing and want to purchase coral.

I have a big Styrofoam box from my lfs that I keep in my trunk year round so I can get corals and fish. I keep a cold pack and a heat pack available when the weather is iffy. I make several trips to my car usually during frag swaps so I don't forget who I bought from. I never had a problem keeping corals from the beginning to end and the sometimes 4 hour ride home. I have gotten shrimp and snails as well at swaps and they did just fine.

Archived