Cultivated Reef

Who is going to the CT Frag Farmers Market?

TinyGiant

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be going with a coworker to get some frags, how much would we get in discount+we will plan on buying a good deal of frags (stocking our grow out tanks)

Of course you will not the only vendor but i will definitely stop by

anyone else going? i'm up to 225 frags .. should have about 275 by the time saturday comes around.. added a ton of zoas to the mix

muhahahah!

I had to put a bigger rack in the tank yesterday.. the old one just wasnt enough anymore.

newracks1.jpg

newracks2.jpg

newracks3.jpg

I went last year, definitely looking forward to going again this weekend! It was an awesome event, incredible variety and prices.

FWIW, I paid ~$10 a frag and got a bunch of different stuff, I'm happy to say most of it has survived a whole year later despite a hurricane and blizzard causing over week-long power outages.

I just got my final count of 265 frags :) hopefully i bring home enough to cover my income tax and the work to my truck. blew the front Differential two days ago :( rending my truck useless for plowing)

I ordered a few frags from Tiny today. Transaction went extremely smooth. I will post back on product tomorrow once I receive the frags. Very easy to deal with.

thanks man!

i probably wont be shipping for a while after yours. I'm all out of coolers now. When i find another good lot of coolers i'll probably ship again.

I just got my final count of 265 frags :) hopefully i bring home enough to cover my income tax and the work to my truck. blew the front Differential two days ago :( rending my truck useless for plowing)

Been there done that. 18 years of plowing and this year is making me hang up my plowing hat. Paid more in commercial auto insurance than I made this winter.

Been there done that. 18 years of plowing and this year is making me hang up my plowing hat. Paid more in commercial auto insurance than I made this winter.

yeah. its been a rough winter. I dont mind plowing though. This is the first issue my truck has run into. and i only paid $1700 for it .. put another $500 into when i purchased it doing brakes, leaf springs, windshield.. etc but all in all shes a sturdy truck that rides great. I dont owe anything so even if its $1000 to fix its still cheaper than a loan payment and insurance. In NH you dont need to have auto insurance.. lol so for now i dont :P

Im hoping to go only about an hour away.whats the best way to transport coral for 1 to 11/2 hours.Any recommendations on CT clubs( I live in Milford, near new haven and bridgeport)

Im hoping to go only about an hour away.whats the best way to transport coral for 1 to 11/2 hours.Any recommendations on CT clubs( I live in Milford, near new haven and bridgeport)

cooler works fine. All the sellerss will have access to power so the water should be warm. just bring a cooler. you could grab some hot hands heat packs and put them in the cooler with the bags of corals to help keep it even warmer.

but a cooler in a warm car is fine. just acclimate by floating in the tank so they dont get temp shock :)

cooler works fine. All the sellerss will have access to power so the water should be warm. just bring a cooler. you could grab some hot hands heat packs and put them in the cooler with the bags of corals to help keep it even warmer.

but a cooler in a warm car is fine. just acclimate by floating in the tank so they dont get temp shock :)

Great,mental note empty beer from cooler get hot hands.thanks

sweet. our club has half of a room. lol we took one whole stretch of tables. that being said hopefully i can have a friend baby sit my setup so i can walk around a little :)

Tiny, I sent a pm about the red devil gorgs.. I think thats what they are?! I'm interested in your other gorgs too, not sure if they are pictured...

fragsa1.jpg

Is anyone interested in a 2-2.5" B&W ocellaris?! I could bring her with me.. looking to get $35.

6959917625_404478c1ee.jpg

yeah. its been a rough winter. I dont mind plowing though. This is the first issue my truck has run into. and i only paid $1700 for it .. put another $500 into when i purchased it doing brakes, leaf springs, windshield.. etc but all in all shes a sturdy truck that rides great. I dont owe anything so even if its $1000 to fix its still cheaper than a loan payment and insurance. In NH you dont need to have auto insurance.. lol so for now i dont :P

But you need commercial auto insurance to cover you if someone sues you for a slip and fall. If your insurance guy tells you a general liability policy will cover slip and fall accidents he is lying to you. Trust me got sued 2 years ago for a lady falling in Boston Market parking lot. My commercial auto covered it all. Lawyer fees and settlement was 105 grand. No insurance they will take everything you own. Only way to not be liable is to have a contract signed stating that the person signing assumes all liability and by signing this contract releases you from all lawsuits judgements and claims personally and business. Just a heads up my friend.

Tiny, I sent a pm about the red devil gorgs.. I think thats what they are?! I'm interested in your other gorgs too, not sure if they are pictured...

fragsa1.jpg

Is anyone interested in a 2-2.5" B&W ocellaris?! I could bring her with me.. looking to get $35.

6959917625_404478c1ee.jpg

the photo gorg is to the left of the Red ones

lol commericals are far too demanding. I like to sleep here and there. :P

30 residential accounts is perfect.. its a good 4hr run and i'm back home watching TV :)

I have always gave priority to my residential first. Commercials are a bidding war but can give a handsome reward if you bid them right. This year I have 4 apartments and 2 subdivisions for commercial. 56 residential mowings and 196 chemical accounts at least 4 rounds some 6. But I like to spend alot of money so I don't mind working 70-80 hour weeks.

Archived