Innovative Marine Aquariums

AVAST ATO

duoc9119

Planning on using this on my Nuvo 16. Emailed the company a couple of questions, they answered most but seem to have forgotten about my last email :(

Anyone know if this thing can be mounted where water overflows or must it be in a nice calm area?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd think for the sensor to work properly, you'd really want it in a still area.

It may operate better than a typical float, but I'd put mine in the return chamber.

I suppose you could just add a Break Out Box and use the DIY bare wires also.

Not much of a price difference between the break out box and PM1. Really want a controller...and want it to control ATO...don't want to spend a ton more money for it though lol

Emailed Neptune Systems about the AVAST unit...here is part of the response.

"Avast claims the unit works with our Apex system, however we have never seen one here in the office and have not tested it. They did not work with us directly on the product so you would have to get further details from them. "

Just thought it was interesting.

I can't imagine it wouldn't work. It' just an I/O plug relaying the pressure switch state.

I plan to have this setup so I guess I'll find out first-hand.

I can't believe that Apex hasn't tested the Avast unit though.

I can't believe that Apex hasn't tested the Avast unit though.

I think its the other way around. Avast claims it works with Apex...up to Avast to get Apex to give it the seal of approval.

Either way, I'm sure it works or there would be threads about it around.

andrewguilfoy

Yeah it should work. I don't have an apex, but it's just a simple switch.. When you lower or raise the pressure tube you hear a slight click on the pressure load and unload of moving it up and down. The click i'm hearing is just the switch going on and off. All it's doing when you get a digital output is sending the signal to the controller on or off. Should be able to connect bare wires up to it like you do with a reef keeper.. It won't officially register it as what it is by name other than a switch to the controller.

Red Sea Reefer

The Avast plugged right into my Apex light. It works perfectly, I have it set to shut the ATO off if Ph goes above 8.3 from the Kalkwasser in my ATO reserve. Supper happy with this unit.

I plan to have this setup so I guess I'll find out first-hand.

Do you have it yet?

I ordered everything last week, hope to have it all up and running by next weekend.

Do you have it yet?

I ordered everything last week, hope to have it all up and running by next weekend.

Not yet.

I'll probably order it after Reefstock.

Depending on the remaining funds.

:D

I do have an Eheim Compact 300 on the way if I decide to use that.

Still debating on a Tom Aqua Lifter or BRS ATO 50mL doser pump.

I went with the aqua-lifter...cheaper and I've never read of any real complaints about it.

Don't know if I've saved any money for livestock/coral for this tank :( At the very least I'll have a nice box of water!

Avast Marine Auto Top off Demo

Avast released a video of their ATO-Kit(Click image to view YouTube video)

I went with the aqua-lifter...cheaper and I've never read of any real complaints about it.

I ended up buying an Aqua Lifter for the AVAST ATO I plan to purchase very soon.

printerdown01

Don't know if I've saved any money for livestock/coral for this tank :( At the very least I'll have a nice box of water!

Then it sounds like you are doing everything right! I love when I hear people are investing in the actual infrastructure of their system. You will be VREY glad you did when you do start adding things.

Then it sounds like you are doing everything right! I love when I hear people are investing in the actual infrastructure of their system. You will be VREY glad you did when you do start adding things.

Yeah the tank may seem empty but I just kind of get lost in the shimmer sometimes and find myself staring at it. Pretty trippy.

Got my bucket sump built today! All I have to do is wait for the tank next week, and then go home to grab the box of fittings and tubing the following week and in the middle of that wednesday set it all up!

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if the outside magnet is sealed? I plan to mount this inside my sump on one of the baffles and come feeding time it will be under water.

Red Sea Reefer
Can anyone tell me if the outside magnet is sealed? I plan to mount this inside my sump on one of the baffles and come feeding time it will be under water.

Ziplock it.

Archived