Cultivated Reef

Custom AIO 20L Build

YankeePete

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So today was a great ending to an otherwise crappy weekend. I went upstairs to feed Neeble( our baby clownfish) he is just a little over an 1" long. Well he was not in the spot where he hangs out at. See so far all he hosts is the end of the tank above the return from the MaxiJet 900 pump. I instantly was afraid he jumped or that the cat got him. So I move and stand in front of the tank and there he was hosting the frogspawn!!! He was darting in and out of it. I know it's corny to say this but this has made it all worth while. All the work that has gone into designing this tank, the work into making the light, the mount, the corals bought and lost. It is all worth it as I sat there watching this crazy little fish all snuggled up with his frogspawn.

BabyClown_Frogspawn.jpg

• Like 2
For the money it's working well. Hardest part was figuring out a hanging/mounting system. Took me a few months to make the mount in the picture. Do you have a tank build thread of your own Tana? I would love to see yours.

Been so busy I haven't checked these forums in awhile. I don't have a build thread yet. I'm chicken! Some members tanks here are just wow! Mine is modest :P

Been so busy I haven't checked these forums in awhile. I don't have a build thread yet. I'm chicken! Some members tanks here are just wow! Mine is modest :P

Well it can't be any worse than my little piece of the swamp!

• Like 2
See so far all he hosts is the end of the tank above the return from the MaxiJet 900 pump.

OMG my clown host the same spot to, I plan on getting him an RTBA soon

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The smaller Nano Skimmer v1.0 works great but I really have the air turned way down making me feel I could make it larger. I added another 1" to it's width and it is rockin'! Within the first 30hrs of running it pulled out about an 1/8th of a cup of skimmate. This time frame included the "break in period".

Reef_Rocket_Protein_Skimmer_zps4a53bb0a.

My baby clown is really lovin' his frogspawn. The frogspawn seems to be very happy having him in there and it is so funny watching him grab flakes of food off the water surface and drag it into the spawn' to feed it! I added a really nice flower nem that I was given by a Nano-Reed member and it is also doing really well.

I am working on an ATO next and then have to make an enclosure for the the LED drivers.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Got my ac50 surface skimmer a few days ago. Got her all installed and running fine, skimming away! Good craftsmanship, but there was a stress crack about 7mm long in the bottom corner. It looks like it happened after it was fitted together and during shipping it split a little. Not a big deal really, some super glue later and it was perfect. Simple, well made soultion which was worth the purchase price for sure.

Thanks yankeepete!

• 1 month later...
Bella's Reef

In the process of putting a kick butt 20L AIO together with your kit, anything I can do/pay for the skimmer?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived