Pod Your Reef

Seiryoku's Innovative Marine Nuvo 16

Seiryoku

Ordered it today, should arrive by Friday with setup beginning Sunday!

Ordered a third light and 2x spin streams, hopefully I get to use them. This tank will be on a nightstand in the bedroom, if they are too loud they'll have to go :( Might upgrade the return pump if I'm not satisfied with overall flow or if it is too loud. May have to do something about the water level being so low too, depending on how much it bothers me in person...

Stocking plans are not exact as of yet. Perhaps a Yasha haze and smaller non bottom dweller with a fire shrimp...and sexy shrimp because sexy shrimp are sexy! Random coral here and there, maybe piss someone off and toss in a clam :)

Tank:

Innovative Marine Nuvo 16g AIO

Lighting:

Aqua Illumination Nano - Controlled by Apex Jr.

Heating:

Hagen Fluval 50w E-Series Electronic Aquarium Heater

Controller:

Apex Jr. w/

VDM

PM1

pH Probe

Temperature Probe

Flow:

Factory 11W /211gph Powerhead

Innovative Marine Spin Streams - Too loud for a nightstand tank, no longer using.

Filtration:

Media Baskets w/

Mechanical Filter Sponge

Filter Floss

Chemi-Pure Elite

Purigen

Misc:

AVAST ATO System

AVAST Magnetic Probe Holder

Tom Aquatics Aqua-Lifter - For ATO

Innovative Marine Spin Streams

JBJ Nano Cube MSS - Used to raise water level in the main display

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forgot to mention that I got a sweet deal on the tank and accessories, ~20% off retail :D

PM if you'd like to know where I got it.

I got the same deal!!! I wonder if its the same place :lol: I saw the deal on another forum (not RC, Hint: trifecta reef). The guy is awesome and delivered (for free) to my doorstep personally. Also got unbelievable deals on salt. I doubt this is going to last, seems like a non-profit business! B)

I'm using JBJ M.S.S on both intakes to raise the water level which now sits at 1/2" from the glass edge. It works great, however its a P.I.T.A to get them to stay. If you use the glass cover that will prevent them from popping out. But I like the topless look so Im going to see if I can get the MSS to stick with magnets.

I also added a Maxi-jet 900 so each return has its own pump. The problem is I cannot adjust the flow on the stock pump so its very strong now - going to look into a small ball valve or just ditch the stock and run the maxi at full power. Both the stock pump and Maxi-jet run silent, I've heard the Spin Streams can make some noise and some people even mentioned snails getting stuck on them due to the rotation.

Cant wait to see the first FTS! Good Luck!

Sounds like the same place ;) Going to hit them up on a few other items I need, hopefully they can beat the major pet sites. Would rather my money goes to a smaller shop anyway.

You are the second person I know of to use the JBJ's on the overflows. I'm going to try and figure something out, also with magnets (for ease of removal and adjustability), on the back side of the overflows. Rare earth (neodymium) magnets should be more than strong enough to hold, not sure about putting them in the water though. Have to wait until I get the tank to start working on it though (haven't seen one in person yet).

Was considering a pump on each return as well, have to wait until it is all setup to test overall flow first, with and without the spin streams depending on their noise level. Really hoping mine are quite enough to use as I love the random flow they generate.

Liking this ATO setup. Should easily fit in the back chambers.

Thinking of using a phosban reactor on this tank too, stashed in the stand. If a small pump can handle pumping water out of the tank, through the reactor and back up. Fun to try it, even if it fails.

Would love a skimmer too. I know the Tunze 9002 can be made to fit, but it is tricky an takes up most all of the room in the back chamber. Wonder if an external skimmer would work...

Tank arrived yesterday! Seems ok other than a silicone job that isn't all that impressive given the price of the tank.

Real problem is a blue LED doesn't work on one of the lights. Have emails in with IM and the company I purchased from. Hopefully it isn't a hassle getting the light replaced...

I wasn't all that impressed with the silicon either. The 1st one I got had a couple seems that weren't even sticking to the back wall. Manny at IM was very helpful and got a new tank sent out to me right away. I think they've been dealing with a lot of problems due to poor manufacturing practices in China. Crappy way to start up a company, imo.

The replacement they sent me bad a much better silicon job but the black wall bad some cosmetic issues. The 1st tank had the bulkheads for the returns glued in place. The replacement didn't come with any bulkheads. I just decided to re-silicon the 1st tank on my own.

If you haven't checked already, I would test the seems where the plastic and glass are siliconed together.

from what i've read on these tanks they had a lot of quality issues in the beginning but have been turning it around as of late. but I could be wrong.

good looking tanks for sure though.

Talked to the company I purchased from. They said this is the first time they've heard of a defective fixture. Was also surprised IM is still having silicone issues. Have a new tank being sent out, with free expedited shipping, Monday. Also receiving a return label to ship the current tank directly back to Manny at IM. They are also going to do something for me to make up for all the trouble, no idea what though o_o

Really hoping everything works out...disappointed that I received a tank with a bad fixture and sloppy silicone...especially given the higher prices of the setups. That being said, if it does all work out I'm considering upgrading my Oceanic 30g cube to an IM 38g...

Considering a controller for this tank... Was thinking the Apex Jr would be ok, 2x outlets for lights, 1x for heater and 1x for ATO. Looking at the specs, I don't think the Jr has inputs for the ATO pressure switch :( Hate to spend more than 2x as much just for that...

Want to put chateo in the fuge area, need to find a light that will work and figure out out exactly where/how to put it back there with the pump/plumbing...

Considering a controller for this tank... Was thinking the Apex Jr would be ok, 2x outlets for lights, 1x for heater and 1x for ATO. Looking at the specs, I don't think the Jr has inputs for the ATO pressure switch :( Hate to spend more than 2x as much just for that...

Apex Jr. - 150

I/O BOB - 40

You can keep it under $200.

Apex Jr. - 150

I/O BOB - 40

You can keep it under $200.

Yeah, was thinking of the Jr vs Lite when I wrote that. Still annoying to have to spend extra money just to use it for the ATO as well.

Got the replacement tank today and it has worse problems than the first one!!! About ready to tell IM to jump off a bridge and go with a company that has their #### together...

3b97c057.jpg

d7f20511.jpg

1a7a06c9.jpg

3e3927b1.jpg

ddeea6a0.jpg

5361b9ec.jpg

35cc3ad8.jpg

ef35987b.jpg

e6140d27.jpg

c9edcb8d.jpg

1c8addf2.jpg

54cad2c4.jpg

bcda4d34.jpg

Third tank will be here Saturday. Been told this one has no flaws, hopefully that is accurate.

Also ordered an Apex Jr and a few accessories (PM1, PH Probe, VDM Module, VDM Cable). Also got an AI Nano :) Why not, right?

Ordered an Avast ATO and Probe Holder this morning!

The AI Nano will be here Wednesday, not sure when the Apex Jr and accessories will arrive. Going to setup the tank tomorrow night and get it wet! Will be buying most of my LR from a LFS...straight out of their main coral tank...fully cured and 100% covered in coraline! Only going to cost me about $5 a pound too :D

Ordered the aqua-lifter pump on Monday... Just now being shipped today! That's what I get for forgetting to add it to my main order and going with someone on amazon :(

Wow... I can't believe they are even sending out these as replacements. Seriously!!

The 1st one I ordered came perfect with the exception of some of the silicon not sticking to the plastic. The second one looked a lot like the one you have there. I ended up just fixing the 1st one myself. The replacement is still in it's box in the garage. I wonder how many bad tanks they put out.

Wow... I can't believe they are even sending out these as replacements. Seriously!!

The 1st one I ordered came perfect with the exception of some of the silicon not sticking to the plastic. The second one looked a lot like the one you have there. I ended up just fixing the 1st one myself. The replacement is still in it's box in the garage. I wonder how many bad tanks they put out.

Too damn many...

Third tank arrived...silicon was fine. Sadly the tank was broken by UPS...

Fourth, and hopefully final, tank should be here Wednesday along with the light/controller/accessories. ATO from Avast shipped today...won't be here until next Monday though, UPS is too damn slow IMO.

Holy cow. I had a few issues with my Nuvo 16 but nothing like what you've seen. I needed a replacement for one of the clear rings that goes through the rear wall. Front line support communication left something to be desired but I eventually got a call from a regional manager on a Saturday which led to getting everything squared away. Now, I'm really happy with the tank.

Fourth, and hopefully final, tank should be here Wednesday along with the light/controller/accessories. ATO from Avast shipped today...won't be here until next Monday though, UPS is too damn slow IMO.

Wow, can't believe you are having so many problems. Mine came in literally perfect condition. I wonder if they had to switch their manufacturing because of demand or something along those lines. I'd be shocked if the tank I had came from the same place as manufactured those. Hope 4th time is a charm.

They actually switch their way of manufacturing to avoid issues such as these. Part of it used to be automated, now it is all hand done and 2-3 people look at and sign off on the tank before it leaves China. Guess the people all had hangovers the day they made my tanks!

Really hoping everything arrives ok tomorrow...can't handle any more stress with this setup :(

Controller and accessories arrived today. Tank on schedule for tomorrow. Light wont be here until Monday :(

Fourth tank arrived yesterday. Obvious manufacturing issues with this one too!!!!!! Overall I'd have to say the quality of these tanks are total crap. I'll NEVER buy anything from this company again and cannot recommend them to anyone. Also still waiting to hear from the manufacturer, two emails have, so far, gone unanswered...just sent a third.

This one is just silly, their logo sticker isn't even straight!

7e152369.jpg

Little triangles on the back of the overflow are, once again, partially blocking a slot. Three out of the four tanks I've seen had this issue, on both overflows.

0534d0d0.jpg

There is a CHIP in the glass that was filled in with silicone. Really...how does a chip such as this make it past their quality control experts?! Not as if I'm buying a cheap 10g AGA tank...

8bb8947a.jpg

The rest of the pictures are of some funky red stuff that seeped under the black contact paper they wrap the back with. Pretty orange, quality control must be color blind?

23d6212e.jpg

b4c90376.jpg

1ab3d36c.jpg

6802f741.jpg

Archived