SaltCritters.com

8 Gal Nano Clown Tank

11GTCS

I don't know quite about that they are easily modded to pull some impressive track numbers. Just because they aren't popular for track doesn't mean they aren't decent at the track.

The car is very conservatively advertised, BHP according to most dynos is closer to 430. It's also tuned for absolute maximum economy, and so I very aggressively tuned it to a premium only, high compression tune that gained around 40 hp, and freeing up the intake and exhaust gave another 10-20. So it makes between 480-500 hp. I also plan on putting on a Boss intake plenum, which gives more top end and around an extra 15-20 hp, and I might work on some other engine tuning while its open. I also want to put a lightweight racing driveshaft on to reduce loss. As far as forced induction, I could easily get a blower for it from Steeda that would clear 625 BHP, but for me forced induction is just not as fun. I love a high revving open engine.

Lol HP math. I call shenanigans until a dyno sheet is posted.it's also unlikely you pulled 40 from a tune, and if you did it's likely a spike at peak and not a more continuous curve.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol HP math. I call shenanigans until a dyno sheet is posted.it's also unlikely you pulled 40 from a tune, and if you did it's likely a spike at peak and not a more continuous curve.

I mean I've seen the dyno sheet for a car spec'd exactly like mine and that's what it got. I mean frankly idc it's a hoot to drive and sounds terrific and that's all that matters right?

I like the use of black gravel. People say not to use black gravel but I disagree as it makes the colours in the tank stand out more.

+1

3811288[/url]']

I like the use of black gravel. People say not to use black gravel but I disagree as it makes the colours in the tank stand out more.

+1

Yeah I think with black background it works better.

• 5 months later...
So this will be a reefing blog about my first saltwater tank. My family has an off and on history with fish. My dad kept saltwater fish and some sea horses back in the late 70's and early 80's before the reef/LR revolution, and grew frustrated with the methods used at that time. Both of us have kept freshwater, but found them not nearly as interesting to keep. Now that I am in college, we are both breaking (back in his case) into reefkeeping and saltwater fish. He is working on a 60 gal tank, but, because of dorm regulations, I am working with an Aqueon Evolve 8 gallon.

Equipment I currently have:

-Coralife 11'' T5 with typical 50/50 bulb setup

-Hydor 240 Powerhead

-Aqueon 50 Watt Heater

Equipment I have on order to install:

Custom Filter Setup

-Seachem Purigen

-Seachem SeaGel

-Seachem DeNitrate

-Upgraded Return Pump

Livestock I currently have:

-About 5 Pounds Live Rock (Fiji Base)

-3/4-1" Live Sand (Black Arag)

When I first put in LR, I kept it as one piece and let it cycle. The tank looked like this:

post-71819-1329752401_thumb.jpg

Yesterday, I broke it up and aquascaped it, and now it looks like this:

post-71819-1329752466_thumb.jpg

As far as levels, I am waiting until tonight to allow for the shock of aquascaping to dissipate. Last readings were:

Ammonia > .2 ppms

Nitrite 0

Nitrate ~40 ppms (I did a water change immediately after this reading so Nitrate should be lower)

S.G 1.025-1.026

PH ~8.0

I plan on waiting a couple more weeks for it to settle into a good balance with filter setup and LR LS setup. After spring break, I will begin adding some other livestock. I also plan on ordering (soon) an Ecoexotic Panorama Pro 18" LED setup, as I plan on getting frogspawn for the tank and want a quality light. Anyone with experience on that light setup I would be more than appreciative of some info on how it performs.

I plan to add the following live stock (First time around):

-1 Skunk Cleaner

-1 Scarlet Reef H Crab

-1 Blue Legged H Crab

-1 Bumblebee Snail

-1 Margarita Snail

-1 Small Frogspawn

Once that livestock acclimates and settles in (mid spring?) I will get a single Oscillaris Clownfish, which will round out my tank for the time being, though I may get some zoas later in the life of the tank. Any suggestions/advice? I know starting with LPS coral is somewhat difficult, but I think with the quality lighting setup (47 watts max?) and the filtration I have, and due to the durability of frogspawn, I will likely be able to make it.

dude for the custom filter set up, i been trying to figure it out for weeks, where do u put all those componenets, which side of the tank, and also how to u attach it? i heard u need a filter floss then chaeto in the left, then the bags of stuff like chemo and amonia in the right, but how do i attach the filter floss, and also how do i put the bio cubes and chemo pure , do i just dump it on the bottom? that doesnt seem right . please help/

Archived