Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New T5 Bulbs

nye15

I have a FNI 4 bulb T5 fixture over my 20 long. I really like the fixture, but the stock bulbs that it comes with are not that great. Over the weekend I picked up one ATI Blue Plus and one ATI Purple Plus. I took out the two stock 10K bulbs and replaced them with the two ATI's. I left the two Acticnic bulbs in there. So now I have the two Acticnic, the Blue Plus and the Purple Plus. I like the color quite a bit, not nearly as white that's for sure. My question is running this four bulb combo alright? Would it cause any problems as far as light spectrum? I would assume that my PAR levels are higher now with the better bulbs. As far as stocking; I have one True Perc, a Rainbow Monti on a frag plug, small rock with a couple of zoas on it and a hammer frag that I picked up this weekend that's sitting on the sand bed. How does this light setup seem to you? Thanks.

i don't see any problems, better light and coral colors. i would change the actinics for blue plus's next time you order. the actinics arn't doing anything really for growth now and the blue plus bulbs will get better growth for the corals under them.

i don't see any problems, better light and coral colors. i would change the actinics for blue plus's next time you order. the actinics arn't doing anything really for growth now and the blue plus bulbs will get better growth for the corals under them.

Thanks for the response!

What do you think of replacing the two acticnic with one more Blue Plus and one Aquablue?

Archived