Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Torn between live rubble or media basket.

Carlagracie

I have been doing more research lately about my Bio cube. It has been set up for a week and 3 days now. Currently I have a biocube protein skimmer in chamber 1 which I just bought yesterday and already had a half cup of gunk. Chamber 2 I took out bio balls and put in about 6 pounds of live rubble with filter floss on top. I have seen people buying media baskets for the biocube and putting Purigen and chemi-pure along with filter floss. My question is whats the benefit between rubble and the other two? Is it something I should consider? Im just really torn right now. What are your thoughts?

The other two will give you chemical filtration while the lr gives you additional biological filtration.

Can you add the carbon with the LR? Because then why not just do that? It's true not all the water will pass through it, but a good amount will be filtered. I have my bags in with my return pump.

i made my own media basket using egg crate, put in carbon and purigen and also had chaeto with a light.

Do you by chance have a picture? Also there seems to be a shelf in both chambers 1 and 2. How do I remove them?

Carla,

To remove the false floors, just push down hard in the corner of the cover and they will lift on opposite corners. Or take a knife or wire hanger and pry them out. The floor in chamber 1 is siliconed in, so it is more difficult but still comes out easy.

I just installed the media basket from inTank and the fuge basket as well. You may think his stuff is expensive but everything inTank makes is top shelf. Can't really give you a good evaluation on the effectiveness at this point but the chaeto is growing and the media basket works as advertised.

Carla,

To remove the false floors, just push down hard in the corner of the cover and they will lift on opposite corners. Or take a knife or wire hanger and pry them out. The floor in chamber 1 is siliconed in, so it is more difficult but still comes out easy.

I just installed the media basket from inTank and the fuge basket as well. You may think his stuff is expensive but everything inTank makes is top shelf. Can't really give you a good evaluation on the effectiveness at this point but the chaeto is growing and the media basket works as advertised.

Thank you. I believe I am going to order the basket on monday.

Archived