ReefCleaners.org

Fish for a 14gal biocube

dubmaneh

I have a biocube 14gal going (cycled with some corals), and am researching my fish selections.

I know I'm fairly limited. Can anyone recomend some good fish. I am lookin for colour and interesting habits.

Thanks.

I have a 6 line wrasse and a banggai cardinal in my 14g bc. The 6 line is colorful and always out inspecting the rock work and always comes near the glass when im near the tank, I like the colors on my banggai but hes kinda boring and just kinda hangs in the water current and only really gets active when he knows hes gonna get fed. Hope that gives you some ideas

I have a 6 line wrasse and a banggai cardinal in my 14g bc. The 6 line is colorful and always out inspecting the rock work and always comes near the glass when im near the tank, I like the colors on my banggai but hes kinda boring and just kinda hangs in the water current and only really gets active when he knows hes gonna get fed. Hope that gives you some ideas

I'm new here, so take this for what it's worth... Also have a 14g biocube that is about 2mo old. We went with a clown pair and a six-line. Love them all, but the wrasse in particular is a pleasure to watch. He's really active and curious, and moves through water with such grace and flexibity, darting in and out of the tiniest of spaces. Highly recommend one.

Thanks for the quick responses and the ideas. Id like to get a clown and the six line sounds great.

How is the bio load with 3 fish in the tank? Weekly 10% water changes?

Thanks for the quick responses and the ideas. Id like to get a clown and the six line sounds great.

I do a weekly 2.5 gal water change and have never had a problem with parameters being out of check. i have 2 fish and 2 cleaner shrimp. A yellow watchmen goby would be a good fish for your tank as well and cleaner shrimp are really fun if your looking for inverts

14 mos with a 14g with 2 clowns, a canary wrasse, blood red shrimp. Plenty of color and action, 2g water changes per week. No problems.

Archived